Follow Us:  Twitter Facebook RSS Feed            

arrowShare this page:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Celiac.com Sponsor:                                    

Photo
- - - - -

May Have Found A Huge Answer...but Still Confused (Possible Dairy Allergy)

• Please log in to reply

17 replies to this topic

#16 inspired421

inspired421

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 08:29 AM

Mushroom,great detective work!

Zebaldwin, what have you observed from your food & symptom log over the past 2 weeks?

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 jstwnttbhealthy

jstwnttbhealthy

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 01:58 PM

my bet is on MSG!
Elisabeth

#18 Pegleg84

Pegleg84

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 12:18 PM

Hey
While I don't get migraines (as far as I know. I'm afraid one of these days I'll get whammied), last year I had a lot of trouble with dizziness, nausea, sinus pressure, what felt like a sinus/inner ear problem. After a bunch of test that determined there was nothing wrong with my ear, I did some reading and decided to cut out dairy. So much better! Not perfect, but much better. I'm pretty sure it's an intolerance to casein, as I can't have goat or sheep's cheese either. I also cut out soy and that's helped as well.

If it is a casein intolerance that's triggering your migraines, then I can imagine that even if you're avoiding it, just like gluten, small amounts have a cumulative effect and are slowly doing damage though you don't feel it until a while later. Also, like gluten, it takes time for your system to flush it all out and heal.

I'd keep it up. Be extremely careful what you're eating, and see if it gets better. For me, cheese is the hardest thing to replace, but I've been drinking almond milk mostly, using Earth Balance instead of butter or margarine (which might still contain casein. check!), and found this pretty decent "Parma veg" stuff that's ground nuts and kale and such, but make a good parmesan substitute. I've tried a couple vegan cheeses, but it's just not the same.

I think you've found what's bothering you. Just give it more time to settle out.

Cheers
Peg

~ Be a light unto yourself. ~ - The Buddha

- Gluten-free since March 2009 (not officially diagnosed, but most likely Celiac). Symptoms have greatly improved or disappeared since.
- Soy intolerant. Dairy free (likely casein intolerant). Problems with eggs, quinoa, brown rice

- mild gastritis seen on endoscopy Oct 2012. Not sure if healed or not.
- Family members with Celiac: Mother, sister, aunt on mother's side, aunt and uncle on father's side, more being diagnosed every year.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: