1 reply to this topic

#1 TLK879

TLK879

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 10:02 AM

Hello. I was hoping that I could get some advice from all of you on a good gluten free/Sodium Laureth Sulfate free face wash. I have oily/combination skin and my skin is pretty sensitive and prone to acne. I've been reacting to so many foods and products that I'm pretty sure that I need to avoid SLS, but I am not positive. It is hard to keep up with what I react to and what I don't. Also,I have not been able to find a shampoo/conditioner that hasn't bothered my scalp (tingly,sensitive,itchy). I bought the Loreal Sulfate free/gluten-free shampoo and conditioner and the first few days were ok, but now my scalp feels like it is getting irritated again. I just ordered the Giovanni tea tree shampoo and conditioner so I'm hoping that I will be able to tolerate it. My favorite face wash of all time (that I'm still using until I can find something to replace it)is Origins cheeks and balances. It has hydrolyzed wheat protein in it, so I'm assuming that I can't use it. :( Is this true? I've read some mixed reviews about whether or not this is really harmful in a product. I know it says wheat, but it is one of the last ingredients on the list. If I can still use it, please let me know, as I love my facewash. I'm not sure if it is bothering me because I have been using it for so long. As far as I know it isn't, but I don't want to keep glutening myself. I would rather avoid everything and anything that could possibly cause a reaction. I also looked into Cetaphil but it has SLS in it. Has anyone had a problem with it because of this? Any opinions, suggestions, advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks! :D

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 heatherjane

heatherjane

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 11:59 AM

Try Desert Essence. I love their stuff, and the gluten free items are clearly marked (including the face wash, which is also SLS free). I have acne issues, too, and their Throughly Clean face wash works well for me.
https://www.desertessence.com/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: