Follow Us:  Twitter Facebook RSS Feed            

arrowShare this page:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Ads by Google:
Celiac.com Sponsor:                                    

Photo
- - - - -

Frito-Lay Announces Initiative To Validate And Label Products As Gluten Free - MarketWatch (press release)

• Please log in to reply

1 reply to this topic

#1 admin

admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,264 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 04:02 AM

HealthNewsDigest.com

Frito-Lay Announces Initiative To Validate And Label Products As Gluten Free
MarketWatch (press release)
Frito-Lay is not removing gluten from products, rather, has developed a gluten free validation process with input from the Food Allergy Research and Resource Program (FARRP) and the Celiac Disease Foundation (CDF) for testing ingredients and finished ...
Restaurant Claims Prompt Push for Standardized 'Gluten-Free' Labeling Wall Street Journal (blog)
Smart Choices: Diet may help against celiac disease KVOA Tucson News
North American Society for the Study of Celiac Disease Calls for Industry ... EON: Enhanced Online News (press release)
Your Houston News  - Florida Today
all 21 news articles »

View the full article
Scott Adams
Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator
Founder Gluten-Free Mall
Founder Celiac.com

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 larry mac

larry mac

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,197 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 09:11 PM

As the leading salty snack food company (no other maker even comes close to the number of products or market share), this is a big deal. I recall trying to learn which chips were safe to eat when I was diagnosed. Frito Lay should be applauded for this major step. They are a top notch company. Their products are of very high quality. I say that not only as a consumer, but also as a past employee. That gave me insight into just how much effort and resources they expend on research, developement, and quality control.

I've never had any problems with Frito Lay products that had no gluten ingredients listed on the label.

best regards, lm

gluten-free 12-18-06

colonoscopy, upper GI
blood, urine, stool tests, prometheus panel
positive endoscopy/positive duodenal biopsies (severe villous atrophy, high intraepithelial lympocytes)
diagnosed celiac disease by Gastroenterologist Andrew R. Gottesman, 12-18-06

"Sobriety sucks. That's why they invented booze in the first place." Denis Leary - Rescue Me

Beware the chocolate of Chiapa

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: