Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Anyone Know Of Any Good Research On The Effect Of Gluten In The Behavior In Children?

6 posts in this topic

I'd love to learn more about this and there are some high up people I'd like to share this information with.

Ads by Google:

As part of my Master's thesis, I'm researching high protein, low carb vs. high carb, low protein on student achievement and I have read a lot of articles but have found very few that related to topics like gluten. I know from experience if I'm exposed to gluten I'm more likely to suffer from brain for and as a child (pre-gluten knowledge) I was in trouble most of the time. I have run across a few articles that mentioned celiac being misdiagnosed as mild autism. If you have access to a university database you might have better luck. If you like and I run across any as I continue my research I would be happy to email them to you if possible through the forums or you can send me your email by pm.

I have been reading "Living Gluten Free For Dummies" (second edition) by Danna Korn. She does an excellent job of explaining the effects of gluten on behavior in Chapter 4: it is titled "Connecting Gluten with Autism, Behavior, and Mood". I love the way that it is explained in layman's terms. I have been referring this book to family and friends telling them to at least read this chapter. :)

I don't like, however, that her sources are not always referenced (at least not on my digital copy from iTunes).

Here is a collection of Pub Med articles relevant to gluten and it's effects.

The section on the right side of the main page "Neurological Manifestations"--click on that.

It may have something for you:

https://sites.google.com/site/jccglutenfree/

I am intersted in the same topic. I am currently in a graduate program for School Psychology. I found this very interesting article that had an extensive list of behaviors and mental health challenges related to Celiac. I am not sure if the link will work if you are not a member of the National Association of School Psychologists. I think it will let you see the article one time only before you are told you must be a member.

http://www.nasponline.org/publications/cq/mocq348pedsp.aspx

If not, a librarian may be able to help you access it with the following information. It was truly an informative article.

NASP Communiqu

Thank you for posting this! I was looking for something like this for my research.

Here is a collection of Pub Med articles relevant to gluten and it's effects.

The section on the right side of the main page "Neurological Manifestations"--click on that.

It may have something for you:

https://sites.google.com/site/jccglutenfree/