Celiac.com Sponsor:                                    

Photo
- - - - -

Newly Diagnosed with Questions

• Please log in to reply
168 replies to this topic

#166 GFinDC

GFinDC

A little farting never hurt anybody... :-).

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,123 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:50 AM

Think the heels thru, think the heels thru... Hmm, heels require thinking eh? Not in my neck of the woods they don't! :)
Well, your outfit does sound like it will be more flashy and colorful. You can always paint the boot heels a different color tho, no problem doing that every day in fact.

No Scotch for me. Maybe a little bourbon or rum. Or some water from a glass sounds ok too.

See you when you get back from Oz LJ. We will keep a light burning for ya.

Posted Image
Proverbs 25:16 "Hast thou found honey? eat so much as is sufficient for thee, lest thou be filled therewith, and vomit it."
Job 30:27 My bowels boiled, and rested not: the days of affliction prevented me.
Thyroid cyst and nodules, Lactose / casein intolerant. Diet positive, gene test pos, symptoms confirmed by Dr-head. My current bad list is: gluten, dairy, sulfites, coffee (the devil's brew), tea, Bug's Bunnies carrots, garbanzo beans of pain, soy- no joy, terrible turnips, tomatoes, peppers, potatoes, and hard work. have a good day! :-) Paul

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#167 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,083 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 02:07 PM

Oh LJ - So sorry to hear of the loss of your pal --I am still not over the sudden death of my 12 year old timberwolf shepard named Mikuyi -- she died 20 years ago but was my first "babydog".

Huge hugs to you!

Also glad you are giving the chem testing a pass over the holidays - I think fp is right on this one - given time you will figure a lot more out on your own.

And one more big HUG headed your way

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

#168 L.J.

L.J.

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:12 PM

Hi All!
I have a few minutes, so wanted to see what was cooking! :P

Wow FP, I am speechless with the beauty of the candles glowing...and you know I am not speechless often! ^_^ That is an amazingly beautiful picture! I do appreciate the simple beauties of our world--and you just sent one of the rare beauties...light! Thank you for an amazing glowing image--I will "see it in my mind's eye all day today!" ... :) Truly...

Hi GottaSki, thank you for your kind words about my GinGin--she was the "healthy one" we thought. The 25+ year old cat (Khaki) is hungry and wants canned food as often as possible, every 3 minutes is her request...and the 24 year old cat Sampson is sleeping in the closet only to come out to visit when I am on the computer. My wonderful male Golden Retriever has the rampant and nasty Valley Fever (AZ disease) that in some animals (and people) *never* goes away...He is one. On 2 meds twice a day....Who would have thought it would be GinGin to go first with that list??? We miss her still...But we all know we can't predict when someone's time is up.

Which brings me to a more positive thought :D Let us value the small beauties of light that fill our lives! --whether they be beautiful gifts from GFF's :D , animals who love unconditionally :) , or the people in our lives who care and listen/talk when we need to (and vice versa)... :lol: That's all of the philosophy of thankfulness for me today! :lol: :lol:

FP--I guess I got my words back after being speechless, eh? :lol: Talk soon my GFF's! ;)

#169 SMRI

SMRI

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 578 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 11:37 AM

Can I resurrect this old thread?  I keep getting directed to this but it's old :D.  Is there something out there to use to test food to see if it is gluten free or not--maybe something like diabetic testing strips??  I'm just wondering about CC mostly, say oats or something that is supposed to be gluten-free but might not be because of CC?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: