30 replies to this topic

#31 Hala

Hala

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 03:57 PM

Thank you! I feel a bit better now. Though I have improved, I still struggle not having to justify why I eat the way I do. It is a very charged topic for me, because at the onset of my autoimmune disease no one - friends, doctors - believed I was sick and they just insisted I had an ED, and I "ate like a rabbit" - because eating leafy greens and simple food is part of the cultural heritage of the poor, rural area I come from. :(

Even if I am overweight now, and having always been known as a connoisseur and a great cook, I still feel like I have to justify myself, probably because such misconception was, in my case, almost lethal, because they let me get to a BMI of 13 before someone did blood tests.

I think I need to stop apologizing because I have auto-antibodies...

Hi, sorry to drag up an old post, but I was wondering how long it took until you started to gain weight?
My weight dropped really dramatically before I was diagnosed with coeliac disease. I've been gluten-free for around a month now and I'm still not gaining much weight! I have a BMI of 13 too and I'm scared :(

Diagnosed with Coeliac Disease after positive blood test and endoscopy (total villous atrophy and inflammation)

Gluten-free since 13th November 2012

Asperger's Syndrome.

Crohn's Disease.

Pancreatic Insufficiency.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: