3 replies to this topic

#1 Adalaide

Adalaide

It needs to be about 20% cooler.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,441 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:40 PM

I'm pretty snobby about my chocolate. I made the mistake the other night of bring my husband with me to the store, he about dropped dead when he saw the $9.95 price tag on the chocolate bar I wanted and I left without anything. <_< (I'll just go back without him, I don't think he understands how this chocolate thing works.) Anywho, I was trying to track down the newest issue of Living Without and headed to the closest health food store next. At the checkout stand they had a huge display of Justin's peanut butter cups. I grabbed a pack of the dark chocolate ones, read the ingredients and package, shushed my husband about 600 times while he freaked out about $2 peanut butter cups, and threw them on the belt.

I miss candy, I mostly miss peanut butter cups. The chocolate was really good quality, smooth, rich dark chocolate. The peanut butter had a nice salty taste, and really went well with the chocolate. It is organic, points but meh I don't require organic. It is fair trade, which is something that I need from my chocolate. Anyone who loves peanut butter cups but can't stand low quality, waxy crap (or has simply outgrown it as I have) should give these a try. They are positively outstanding!

"You don't look sick or anything"

"Well you don't look stupid, looks can be deceiving."

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 mommida

mommida

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,934 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:40 AM

My husband would balk at the price too, but he would get the chocolate too. He knows life is better with chocolate. (He grew up with 5 sisters!)
Michigan

#3 Adalaide

Adalaide

It needs to be about 20% cooler.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,441 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:20 AM

My husband is still on the learning curve about chocolate. Whether or not he is enjoying it, his life is better when *I* have chocolate! :lol:

"You don't look sick or anything"

"Well you don't look stupid, looks can be deceiving."

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#4 GlutenFreeRupert

GlutenFreeRupert

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:35 PM

I found this chocolate and it's only $7.50. Save yourself $2.45. http://gmbfoods.com/...2/fudge-fatale/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: