#1 Jonoh

Jonoh

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 06:59 AM

Hi guys,
I've read a few threads about some celiac sufferers, and feeling chills as a symptom. I do also have this. My question is regarding the nature of the chills, like were they induced by anything in particular? For instance, touch or cold? Thanks for any replies, would be very appreciated.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 VeggieGal

VeggieGal

Advanced Community Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:34 AM

Hi Jonoh, can't really help you there as I believe my chills are brought on by an underactive thyroid....(mind me living in the UK and it being -5 today doesnt help ! :( )

Have you been tested for celiac?

Have you any other symptoms?
Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#3 Jonoh

Jonoh

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:44 AM

Oh gosh, loads of other symptoms. Bloating, swinging between D/C, sometimes suffer from a dry mouth, abdominal pains - which aren't so frequent nowadays, but all through school, I'd get horrible pains EVERY morning, dry skin, constant chapped lips, muscular/joint pains, these itchy bumps/blisters (which I suspect MAY be mild DH, derm appointment soon) and the list goes on lol.

I haven't been tested for Celiac yet, I'm going tomorrow to get my b12, folate, calcium levels and stuff run. I imagine if it is celiac, there'd be some sort of abnormalities in these tests? Also, my brother also suffers from a lot of the bowel symptoms that I do, which make me lean toward celiac as I know there is some sort of genetic aspect to the disease.

I have had some bloods done before, including my thyroid, which came back normal. However, I have read about needing to get a full panel done or something, as there's a lot of inaccuracy with these tests?

I was also diagnosed with a UTI recently, which I've been told is abormal for a young male (I'm 20), I was wondering if there's anyway this may have a correlation to celiac? I've read a bit about kidney stones and celiac, but I dunno. I guess the ultrasound will tell me what's going on. Thanks for the reply, by the way :)

#4 VeggieGal

VeggieGal

Advanced Community Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:06 AM

Well I'm pretty new to this myself as Ive only recently been dx but Im sure you'll find lots of info on here and get some response.

But as far as I'm aware, if you do have celiac then you probably have a weak immune system /vitamin deficiency etc so theres many many symptoms of celiac.

May be worth asking them to test for celiac (full panel) when they do the other tests (you need to have been eating gluten for a few weeks though or you can get a false negative).

Good luck with the testing and let us know how it goes ...
Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: