arrowShare this page:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Ads by Google:
Celiac.com Sponsor:                                    

Photo
- - - - -

Results Of Me Going Gluten Free. ,questions...

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Tiredsean

Tiredsean

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 02:10 PM

I've been off gluten totally for a little over two weeks.Some interesting results have come from this.Without going into detail lets just say my BM are no longer pale in color or smelly.Now I'm more regular and seemingly less bloated and more hungry than I used to be so I see all this as positive. Now I have a few questions for those who have been down this road before.I understand that people who are celiac develope other intolerences and or allergies because the intestine lining is frankly butchered from the attacks.With that said I still have one odd problem and that's muscle soreness/ fatgue.I believe I narrowed it down to one of three foods (eggs,potatoes,caffeine) as I'm already off dairy.My question is can those foods produce widespread muscle pain? Not fybro pain,but actual pain.The reason I ask these questions is I've read on numerous sites that one comes to crave the food(s) they are allergic to.I grave a lot ,potatoe chips and I mean a lot!! Ill eat a bag a day no problem.(kettle chips non gluten).Also I noticed that after I ate bacon&eggs Thursday,the very next day I had body pains (but I also ate chips everyday).I eat eggs sat/sun every week usually but would the symptoms keep going all week? Thanks for any answers

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 mushroom

mushroom

Mushroom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,448 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 02:16 PM

Potatoes belong to the nightshade family of foods (plants that grow at night - potatoes, tomatoes, eggplant, peppers, etc.) and are known to be pro-inflammatory. You might try cutting out the potatoes, especially if you are craving them which, as you say, is often a sign of a toxic reaction. I do not eat any of the nightshade foods and it has made such a difference to my psoriatic arthritis. :)
Neroli

"Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted." - Albert Einstein

"Life is not weathering the storm; it is learning to dance in the rain"

"Whatever the question, the answer is always chocolate." Nigella Lawson

------------

Caffeine free 1973
Lactose free 1990
(Mis)diagnosed IBS, fibromyalgia '80's and '90's
Diagnosed psoriatic arthritis 2004
Self-diagnosed gluten intolerant, gluten-free Nov. 2007
Soy free March 2008
Nightshade free Feb 2009
Citric acid free June 2009
Potato starch free July 2009
(Totally) corn free Nov. 2009
Legume free March 2010
Now tolerant of lactose

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#3 nvsmom

nvsmom

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,175 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 11:08 AM

It could be a matter of time too. I've had pretty bad joint pain in the past; the kind where it's difficult to hold a pen, and it hurts to carry a couple of paperbacks in a bag. I'm not sure if it was caused by celiac or other autoimmune problems (I have Hashi's and suspect another) but my joint pain has improved a great deal lately. If it was caused by celiac, it took over 6 months of eating gluten-free (and 4 months dairy free) before I saw any improvement. It actually got worse in the first few months on the gluten-free diet.

I would try cutting out potatoes for a few months and see if there is any improvement... It beats waiting 6 months like I did. LOL You might want to reduce caffeine too; high consumption of caffeine is often advised against for those with AI diseases.

Good luck. :)
Nicole Posted Image

"Acceptance is the key to happiness."

ITP - 1993
Celiac - June, 2012
Hypothyroid - August, 2012

CANADIAN

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#4 Tiredsean

Tiredsean

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 04:15 PM

Yeah I did some tests.Last week I noticed an increase in symptoms Friday after I ate bacon and eggs for dinner on Thursday.I also always eat eggs and bacon weekends I drive to my parents it's a weird tradition.I then spend my weeks mon/Tuesday /Wednesday feeling like crap.Tense neck/shoulders,body pain and sensative to light and sinus pain/ear fullness.so today I'm cutting eggs and see what happens.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: