4 replies to this topic

#1 notme45

notme45

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 10:37 PM

I believe that the publishers of Gluten Free Living are taking advantage of their subscribers. They seem to be ending pre-paid subscriptions significantly early. For example, ending a two year subscription after only one year.

I discovered this problem after I received a letter from Gluten Free Living telling me that my subscription was almost over. This was despite the fact that I had purchased a 2 year subscription less than a year ago.

I contacted the magazine and was essentially told that they were indeed ending my pre-paid subscriptions early because they now publish more issues each year.

After several emails I was able to get the publisher to agree to honor the subscription length that I had paid for. My advice is to complain to the magazine if they try to end your subscription early.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 RiceGuy

RiceGuy

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,520 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 09:44 AM

Wow. Glad you caught them, and held them to their contract.
A spherical meteorite 10 km in diameter traveling at 20 km/s has the kinetic energy equal to the calories in 550,000,000,000,000,000 Twinkies.

#3 tarnalberry

tarnalberry

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,542 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 02:00 PM

It is totally normal, industry standard, for subscriptions to be officially based on number of publications, not length of time. Hence the wording $xx/yr (6 issues). Not disagreeing they should have handled it better, just noting that it's very normal for the number of issues to be the key factor in price, not length of time.
Tiffany aka "Have I Mentioned Chocolate Lately?"
Inconclusive Blood Tests, Positive Dietary Results, No Endoscopy
G.F. - September 2003; C.F. - July 2004
Hiker, Yoga Teacher, Engineer, Painter, Be-er of Me
Bellevue, WA

#4 notme45

notme45

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 08:49 PM

It is totally normal, industry standard, for subscriptions to be officially based on number of publications, not length of time. Hence the wording $xx/yr (6 issues). Not disagreeing they should have handled it better, just noting that it's very normal for the number of issues to be the key factor in price, not length of time.

The latest renewal/expiration letter that I received from Gluten Free Living says nothing about the number of issues.  The letter just gives me an option for 1 year or two years.  I suspect that my previous renewal also said nothing about the number of issues.   

#5 CommonTater

CommonTater

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:29 PM

If they cancel mine after I paid for it, I will never order it again.

After many years of suffering from Late Stage Lyme Disease I became Gluten intolerant and I'm extremely sensitive.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: