Perfect for any occasion ... or no occasion! Your will power is no match for these moist cakes!I've provided frosting recipes too, so get started celebrating!
- 3 cups Jules Gluten- Free All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Tbs. gluten-free baking powder
- Â¼ cup powdered milk, dairy or non-dairy (I use DariFree Original)
- Â¼ tsp. salt
- ½ cup butter or non-dairy alternative (I like Earth Balance® Buttery Sticks)
- 2 cups granulated cane sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tsp gluten-free vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk or non-dairy alternative (vanilla flavor)
Pre-heat oven to 350° F (static) or 325° F (convection). Spray 24 cupcake tins with non-stick cooking spray or line with paper liners.
Whisk together the flour, baking powder, powdered milk and salt and set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, combine the butter and sugar and beat well with your mixer's paddle attachment, until the mixture is very light and fluffy (approximately 3-4 minutes). Add the eggs next, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Mix in the vanilla with the last egg addition. Slowly add the milk, alternating with the flour mixture and beating in between the additions. Beat until smooth and pour into the prepared pans.
Bake for 20 minutes, turning the pans half-way through if using convection setting. Test the cupcakes for doneness by inserting a cake tester or toothpick in the middle of a cupcake and be sure it comes out clean. The cupcakes will also begin to pull away slightly from the sides of the pans. If necessary, add bake time in 5 minute increments until fully baked.
When done, turn off the oven and leave the oven door open to let the cupcakes cool slowly there for 10 minutes or so, then remove to a cooling rack. After 15-20 minutes of total cooling time, remove from cupcake pans to finish cooling.
Frost only when fully cooled, or wrap the cooled cupcakes with wax paper or plastic wrap and seal inside freezer bags to freeze until ready to use.
Gluten-Free White FrostingIngredients:
- ½ cup butter or non-dairy alternative, softened (I like Earth Balance® Buttery Sticks)
- 2 ½ cups confectioner's sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoon gluten-free vanilla extract
- Â¼ cup dairy or non-dairy milk of choice (up to Â¼ cup)
- Food coloring, optional
Cream the sugar and butter together with an electric mixer. Add the vanilla and 2 tablespoons of milk, beating well to combine, then add the food coloring if using, and milk (if and as necessary) to achieve a spreadable consistency, beating for several minutes at the end until light and fluffy.