Celiac.com 05/10/2016 - Korean-style tacos are a big draw for lots of hungry gastronomes from Los Angeles to New York city. These Korean-style beef tacos are the perfect quick dinner dish to excite your tastebuds any night of the week.
- 1 pound flank steak or Korean-style short ribs
- ½ head of Napa cabbage, shredded
- 1 medium carrot
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons gluten-free soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons gluten-free soy sauce
- 1 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 medium onion
- 10-12 small gluten-free flour or corn tortillas
In a large bowl, whisk together the vinegar, red pepper, and 2 teaspoons gluten-free soy sauce. Add the cabbage and carrot and toss to combine. Let sit, tossing occasionally, for 15 minutes or until ready to serve.
Meanwhile, in a second bowl, combine the sugar, garlic, ginger, cilantro, and remaining 2 tablespoons soy sauce. Add the beef and mix to combine.
Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
Add the onion, cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, 4 to 5 minutes.
Add the beef mixture, increase the heat to medium-high, and cook, until cooked through, 4 to 5 minutes.
Fill the tortillas with the beef and top with the slaw. Serve with kimchee on the side.