Celiac.com 12/10/2013 - I love quick easy stir-fry dishes that use fresh meat and vegetables to deliver big flavor and a tasty meal.
- 1 pound skirt steak, thinly sliced crosswise
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 bunch of Chinese greens or Chinese broccoli
- 4 medium carrots, halved lengthwise, thinly sliced on bias
- Handful of Shitake or Oyster mushrooms, sliced
- ½ sweet red bell pepper, sliced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- kosher salt and ground pepper
- Cooked rice, for serving
Cook the rice.
In a small bowl whisk soy sauce, vinegar, mustard, honey, and garlic, and season with pepper.
Season steak on both sides with salt and pepper, and coat with cornstarch.
In a large skillet with a lid, heat oil over medium-high. Add half of the steak, and cook, tossing, until browned, 1 to 2 minutes, and move to a plate. Cook remaining steak the same way and move to the plate.
To skillet, add mushrooms and sauté until tender.
Add soy mixture, broccoli or greens, peppers and carrots.
Cover and cook, tossing occasionally until tender, about 5 minutes. Return steak to skillet; cook until heated through, about 3 minutes. Serve with rice.