Celiac.com 09/23/2017 - Looking for a light refreshing salad that will help you turn corners at the next cookout? Look no further.
- 4 ears of corn, in husk
- 3 small poblano chiles
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 scallions, chopped
- â…“ cup crumbled cotija cheese
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped, as desired
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh Mexican crema with a dash of hot sauce, as desired, for serving
- 1teaspoon gluten-free hot sauce, to taste
- vegetable oil (for grill)
- Kosher salt
Heat a grill to medium heat; oil grate.
Whisk lime juice and hot sauce in a medium bowl, with a dash of salt. Set dressing aside.
Grill corn in husks for about 10–12 minutes, turning occasionally, until corn husks are charred black and some of the kernels are dark brown
Grill chiles alongside corn, turning as needed, for about 8-10 minutes, until blackened in spots and crisp, but tender.
Transfer corn and chiles to a platter to cool a bit before shucking corn. While corn cools, peel the charred skin off of the poblano chiles. Remove seeds from chiles and chop.
Butter the corn, then cut kernels from cobs, and place into bowl with the dressing.
Add to corn along with scallions. Toss to combine.
Top with crema, cojtija cheese, and cilantro as desired.
Salt to taste and serve with lime wedges.