Celiac Disease and Gluten-Free Diet Support
- Questions? Join our forum: Nearly 1 MILLION POSTS, and over 62,000 MEMBERS!
Follow / Share
|Get Email Alerts|
- Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients)
- Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients)
- Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages
- Celiac Disease Symptoms
- The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free
- Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results
- Is Buckwheat Flour Really Gluten-Free?
- Gluten-Free Recipes
- Gluten-Free Recipes: American & International Foods
- Gluten-Free Mexican Recipes (Spanish)
- Gluten-Free Black Bean Burritos
Gluten-Free Black Bean Burritos
Black beans are a healthy addition to any diet, and especially to a gluten-free diet. They are inexpensive and taste great.
Gluten-Free and Vegetarian
- 4 gluten-free tortillas
- 1/2 cup Greek plain 2% yogurt
- 1/2 cup pureed pumpkin
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1 cup white beans
- 1/4 cup fresh curly parsley, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups black beans, cooked
- 1 cup wild rice, cooked
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled, pitted and mashed
- 1 plum tomato, finely chopped
- 1/3 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground white pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare a baking sheet with non-stick baking spray.
- Lay gluten-free tortillas flat on baking sheet.
- In a medium bowl, combine yogurt, pumpkin and chili powder; mix well to combine. Spread mixture atop tortillas. Add mashed avocado and smooth together in a circular motion. Add white beans, parsley, beans, rice and tomatoes.
- Sprinkle with sea salt and pepper.
- Transfer to the oven; bake for 1-15 minutes or until golden brown and bubbling.
- Remove from oven; transfer to serving dishes.
- Serve warm.
Celiac.com welcomes your comments below (registration is NOT required).
Fried Plantains (Gluten-Free)
If you’ve ever had the pleasure of eating El Salvadoran, Nicaraguan, southern Mexican food, then you might be familiar with fried plantains.... [READ MORE]
Border-style Mixed Bean Salad (Gluten-Free)
This southwestern-style mixed bean salad is a big hit at potlucks and picnics.... [READ MORE]
Fish Tacos (Gluten-Free)
Fish tacos have gained a large and growing following over the last few decades.... [READ MORE]
This recipe comes to us from Jack and Laurie
Tepe.... [READ MORE]
Amie Valpone, HHC, AADP is a Manhattan based Personal Chef, Culinary Nutritionist, Professional Recipe Developer and Food Writer specializing in easy Gluten-Free and Dairy-Free recipes. Amie is the Editor-in-Chief of the gluten-free blog, The Healthy Apple. Amie shares her passion for and approach to "Clean Eating" by focusing on natural, whole foods and ingredients that are good for you and your body. Amie works with Whole Foods Market as their Gluten-Free Manhattan Cooking Instructor and is a Gluten-Free Industry Innovator when it comes to helping clients, the community, companies and client live a healthy and happy life. Visit her site at: thehealthyapple.com.View all articles by Amie Valpone
In Celiac.com's Forum Now:
Celiac.com Celiac Disease & Gluten-Free Diet Forum - All Activity