Celiac Disease and Gluten-Free Diet Support
- Questions? Join our forum: Nearly 1 MILLION POSTS, and over 62,000 MEMBERS!
Follow / Share
|Get Email Alerts|
- Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients)
- Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients)
- Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages
- Celiac Disease Symptoms
- The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free
- Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results
- Is Buckwheat Flour Really Gluten-Free?
- Gluten-Free Recipes
- Gluten-Free Recipes: American & International Foods
- Gluten-Free Mexican Recipes (Spanish)
- Pumpkin Quesadillas (Gluten-Free)
Pumpkin Quesadillas (Gluten-Free)
Pumpkin quesadilas with blue corn tortillas make an excellent seasonal snack.
Shown here with meat and cheese, pumpkin makes a great seasonal addition to quesadillas. Photo: CC--William Neuheisel
If you're looking for a seasonal twist on a familiar favorite, then these zesty pumpkin quesadillas might be just the ticket.
- 2 cups canned pure pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 16 corn tortillas
- 4 ounces Cotija cheese, crumbled
- ½ cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large ripe avocado
- 1 small bunch of cilantro, chopped
- 8 ounces of salsa of choice
Toast walnuts in a skillet over medium heat. Toss until toasted. Set aside.
In bowl, stir pumpkin and cumin; season.
Spread very thinly over 8 corn tortillas.
Sprinkle with cheese and nuts.
Top with remaining tortillas.
In large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of oil to medium.
Cook quesadillas one at a time, turning once and adding more oil between batches, until browned, about 3 minutes.
Cut into wedges and serve with salsa of choice, chopped cilantro, as desired, and sliced avocado.
Celiac.com welcomes your comments below (registration is NOT required).
Gluten-free Christmas Cheesesteak Quesadillas
Got some ribeye? Some provolone? Good, grab the ribeye and the cheese, along with some onions, green peppers, and corn tortillas.... [READ MORE]
Grilled Corn on the Cob with Cotija Cheese (Gluten-Free)
In Mexico and many points south, grilled corn is a staple, delicious snack.... [READ MORE]
Authentic Red Enchilada Sauce (Gluten-Free)
The secret to great enchiladas lies in the sauce.... [READ MORE]
Easy Ground Beef Tacos (Gluten-Free)
As a kid, the first tacos I ever had were far from traditional Mexican style tacos.... [READ MORE]
Jefferson Adams is a freelance writer living in San Francisco. His poems, essays and photographs have appeared in Antioch Review, Blue Mesa Review, CALIBAN, Hayden's Ferry Review, Huffington Post, the Mississippi Review, and Slate among others.
He is a member of both the National Writers Union, the International Federation of Journalists, and covers San Francisco Health News for Examiner.com.View all articles by Jefferson Adams
In Celiac.com's Forum Now:
Celiac.com Celiac Disease & Gluten-Free Diet Forum - All Activity