4 tries, and this is satisfyingly close to gluten ones....still missing that yeasty and gooyness of the raw center ones of my childhood, but I still binge ate 3. Any suggestions for improving Rise or making a bit more gooy I would love to hear.
220g Almond Flour
28g Coconut Flour
2 Large Eggs (ROOM TEMP or the oil will harden up)
1/4 Cup (60g) Nutiva Butter Flavored Coconut oil
1/4 cup (60ml) nut milk
2 tbsp (30g) Lakanto Maple Syrup
1/2 tsp Himalayan sea salt
2 tsp apple cider vineagar
1 tbsp Heinz Feather Light Baking Powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
2.5 (25g)tbsp psyllium husk
3tbsp Hot Water
3tbsp (45g) Lakanto Maple
2tbsp (30g) Nutiva Butter Flavored coconut oil
3 tbsp ground cinnamon (cassia is more gelish, siagon is more bite)
3 tbsp Swerve Brown
Simple Frosting x2 for extra Frosting
1tbsp Coconut oil butter flavored
4tbsp confection swerve sugar free sweetener
2tbsp Lakanto maple
1/2 tsp LorAnn Oil non dairy cream cheese extract
1. Whisk Dry Except the Psyllium Hudk in a large bowel, mix wet in another with the psyllium husk whisk and let set a min to thicken, then combine wet and dry and mix well with a spoon
2. Knead out the dough with your hands making sure it is well combined adding in 3 tbsp hot water and working it in(IMPORTANT this helps activate the emulsifiers) then transfer to the fridge for 30mins to let it chill
3. Mix up the filling while the dough is chilling and set aside, and Preheat your oven to 350F
4. Take the dough out of the fridge and put down some parchment paper, using a rolling pin roll out the dough until 1/4" thick
5. Apply the filling to the dough spreading evenly the back of a spoon works best
6. Might want to use a thin spatula to help get it off but slowly start to roll one edge of the dough going slowly to roll it up into a log.
7.Take a large knife and cut the dough into 1 - 1 1/2" sections place each on parchment paper covered baking sheet.
8. Bake for 18-25mins til browned
9. Choose your glaze and have fun drizzling it over them. NOTE if you do this with hot rolls it will run all over them and puddle around. When Chilled the icing will harden up.
Bonus tip warm the icing before hand to make it drizzle well.