across

Two Great Apps

Rate this topic

I have two really great apps that have helped me a lot in this whole journey. Is it okay for me to recommend them here? I have no affiliation with either of them.

If they aren't your company - recommend away!   :)

Okey dokey...

The first one is called Food Allergy Detective. It was a literal godsend when my intolerance problems first started. Basically what it does is that at each meal, you check off what you are eating from a customizable list of food items. Then whenever you experience symptoms, you also check those off (from a list that is also customizable). When you've entered enough data, the app is able to correlate reactions you are having with things that you've eaten, and alert you to things you may be sensitive to. It works very, very well, and is very easy to use. It can catch reactions that happen within 24 hours, so it helps with things that might not surface immediately after eating. For example, it might note that 6 hours after eating tomatoes, you always get a headache.

The second app is called Rise. It is a subscription-based app (I think it costs right around $40 a month), that allows you to get feedback on your eating from a registered dietician. When you subscribe, you are given profiles of several different dietitians to choose from. At each meal, you use the app to take a picture of what you're eating (you can enter text, as well). Your dietician gives you feedback at least once a day (mine gives me feedback several times a day). I think that $40 a month for a registered dietician to give me daily feedback is an amazing value! The dietician I have been working with FAR exceeds my expectations. She is incredibly caring and helpful, she is very well qualified, and is helping me eat much more healthfully (which is not easy given that I have over 20 moderate to severe food intolerances in addition to celiac). I'm extremely impressed with her and with this app! If anyone is interested in her name, pm me and I'll let you know which dietician I use.

Hope this is helpful to someone...

you use the app to take a picture of what you're eating (you can enter text, as well). Your dietician gives you feedback at least once a day (

Well...that leaves me out!  I always want to take a pic of my food to post but forget until I have eaten it!