Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

king_15

Anyone Have Parasite Infection? Attempted Cleanse?

I've read a lot about intestinal parasites and it seems that we don't have very accurate tests to detect them. There is also a lot of information showing that they can cause digestive issues (which could lead to food intolerances or can contribute to celiac's disease.

Anyways, has anyone ever been diagnosed with parasites? Has anyone used any over the counter parasite cleanses?

Or any experience or input on the subject of parasites?

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I saw a naturopathic doctor a few years ago who diagnosed me with multiple food intolerances and also an unidentifiable parasite. He wanted me to do a cleanse which would make me sick. Insurance didn't pick up anything so I ended up not seeing him anymore. If he was able to identify the

parasite then I would have thought more about it. I also have other autoimmune problems and thought it just wasn't worth messing my system up.

Gastro doctors don't help much with this either. May regret it....

Positive DGP IgG & DGP IgA, negative biopsy, HLA typing unable to interpret, sicca syndrome, positive ANA, low WBC count, intolerant to peanuts, eggs, dairy, IBS-C, GERD.

Join eNewsletter

I think your best bet is getting to a medical doctor. Do you not have insurance?

We have suggested that you could:

1) get tested for celiac disease

2) get your bile ducts checked out as you can still develop gallstones even without a gallbladder

3) you could have liver and pancreatic issues

4) you could have cancer

5) you might have a parasite that can be eliminated with prescription drugs --at worst and you might need meds ordered from the CDC for specific parasites (like rare liver flukes).

I personally think that you are obviously ill and are attempting to diagnosis yourself. At least try to get a few things ruled out with the help of a doctor. If these things have been ruled out, I apologise, but please share that information with us.

That bile duct issue? My Aunt died from complications from bile duct issues two years post gallbladder surgery.

Non-functioning Gall bladder Removal Surgery 2005

Diagnosed via Blood Test and Endoscopy: March 2013

Hashimoto's Thyroiditis -- Stable 2014

Anemia -- Resolved

Fractures (vertebrae): June 2013

Osteopenia/osteoporosis -- June 2013

Allergies and Food Intolerances

Diabetes -- January 2014

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

Join eNewsletter

I agree you should see your doctor about this issue. Your doctor can do stool testing to check for parasites and prescribe something if needed. What makes you think your have parasites? The over the counter parasite cleanses are not only a waste of money they also can be quite dangerous for folks with a compromised digestive system. 

Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying

"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002

Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis

All bold resoved or went into remission in time with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002

Gene Test Aug 2007

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter