Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Rate this topic

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Sometimes they are harvested on the same machinery as wheat, or they are stored in the same bins as wheat. I've heard others say the same thing you did. I guess I'd skip the lentils unless I could find some that were certified gluten-free.

As for pasta, I really like the Ronzoni gluten-free pasta. It is made with brown rice, white rice, corn and quinoa in a dedicated gluten-free facility in Italy. To me it tastes better than the Tinkyada that a lot of the folks here like so much and it's cheaper.

gluten-free since June, 2011

It took 3 !/2 years but my intolerances to corn, soy, and everything else (except gluten) are gone!

Life is good!

Join eNewsletter

I agree with Barty on the Ronzoni gluten-free pasta! It's GREAT! The "chew" on it is perfect. I can finally make homemade baked mac & cheese without having the pasta end up as mush. YAY!

Gluten free Dec. 2011
Dermatitis Herpetiformis

Reynaud's October 2018

Rheumatoid Arthritis October 2018

Join eNewsletter

My local grocery store sells two brands of bagged lentils.  They look similar but one states it was made on the same lines as wheat products and the other says glutenfree.  We can't be too careful!

Even gluten-free lentils can be hard on your stomach if you aren't used to them.  I like Tolerant's bean and lentil noodles.  They are expensive but good.

Join eNewsletter