Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

GF Squared

Butter-It Alternative Butter Flavor Ingredients

Rate this topic

I think this is a Cargill/Sysco product used for popcorn flavoring, but cannot for the life of me find a true, proper ingredient list. Anyone know of this? Heard of it? Have info on whether it is gluten free or not?

I realize it's not a healthy product, not a GMO free product, I get it. Just curious what the ACTUAL ingredients are. I do know it's soybean oil based. 

Thanks!

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I have always heard that these popcorn "butters" are gluten-free.  I don't like them on my popcorn.  Can you call or email the company?  Maybe a jug at the movie theater has the ingredients on it? I looked and didn't see anything on-line, either

Join eNewsletter

I have always heard that these popcorn "butters" are gluten-free.  I don't like them on my popcorn.  Can you call or email the company?  Maybe a jug at the movie theater has the ingredients on it? I looked and didn't see anything on-line, either

Yeah....the lady read the ingredients to me over the phone, but she first said, "Oh, we just use butter." I was amazed, and then she said, "Yeah, just butter, It's called....Butter-It," and she tried to read the ingredients, but slaughtered most of the names. I thought butter was just cream and salt!! I can try to make a call. We get it at this little rural gas station (my kids love it....they sell a HUGE bag for 75 cents! Just hoping someone had a list of these fakey flavors. 

Join eNewsletter

Next time you are at the station ask to see the container it which it comes. Make sure it is a slow portion of the day and they will likely bring it out to you. That is what I did when I wanted to be sure the flavoring was safe at a theater I go to every once in a while. Chances are very good it is a safe product, at least gluten wise.

Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying

"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002

Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis

All bold resoved or went into remission in time with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002

Gene Test Aug 2007

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

Join eNewsletter