Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Rate this topic

I have Celiac and I am looking for a really good probiotic.  I have taken several different probiotics over the last year.  Can anyone recommend a good brand.  My local health food store said I should be taken ones that are kept in the frig.  Any advice would be helpful

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Hi Mom...I take Florajen 3.  It has worked really well for me.  It is kept refrigerated.  I have a hard time finding it where I live so I usually have to order it.

January 2014-Celiac

August 2014- Hashimoto's

"You never know how strong you are, until being strong is your only choice."

Bob Marley

I read an excellent article not too long ago about choosing a probiotic...I am frantically looking for the saved link but cannot find it. But basically, you want one that is in the BILLIONS, and as many different varieties in it as possible. I have used Klaire Labs, which has been recommended by two naturopaths, and a few other brands.

You can add fermented foods into your diet. They have natural live probiotics in them! Examples are sauerkraut, kombucha, pickles, kimchi and yogurt. Great starting point and gives your body and digestive tract a lot of nourishment and healthy gut bacteria!