Rate this topic

I would like to ask if anyone has eaten puffed rice from Arrowhead Mills.  My daughter, who has celiac, wants to eat it and I am looking for advice.  The only ingredient is rice, but they do not test the product so do not label it gluten free.  I called the company and they say they clean all their equipment between each product, but since they don't test it cannot label it as gluten free.  Would you allow your daughter to eat this product?

On August 24, 2016 at 6:54 AM, Jaimesmile said:

I would like to ask if anyone has eaten puffed rice from Arrowhead Mills.  My daughter, who has celiac, wants to eat it and I am looking for advice.  The only ingredient is rice, but they do not test the product so do not label it gluten free.  I called the company and they say they clean all their equipment between each product, but since they don't test it cannot label it as gluten free.  Would you allow your daughter to eat this product?

I checked the Gluten Free Watchdog (I subscribe) and did not find this  particular product, but found the company's oat bran flakes which did not list any gluten ingrediants, but barley was found in testing well over 20 parts per million.  I would stick with certified gluten-free cereals, personally.  I think it is "hit or miss" on grain products.