Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Awol cast iron stomach

On no snow tomorrow! How is your Spring?

Rate this topic

How is your spring? My tulips and daffodils just began to bloom this week and now we are due for snow here in the Midwest tomrrow. How is your gorgeous weather? How do you enjoy your Spring? Gardening, exercise, hiking etc. 

Share if you like.?

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Spring is quickly departing and we are heading into summer here in Southern California.  My daffodils, freesias,  and iris are long gone.  Some Camilla bushes are still in bloom.  My fruit trees (apricot, Valencia orange, lemon and plum) have stopped blooming and already have fruit growing.  I should have tomatoes in a few weeks if we get fewer classic May Gray or June Gloom (ocean breeze weather pattern) cloudy days.    I spent many hours this spring weeding.  The winter rain helped my fruit trees after years of drought but also helped the weeds to germinate.  

I can ride my bike without arm warmers or a vest/jacket.  But that means riding with sunscreen slathered on.  I bought some “sun” arm sleeves and hope this will reduce my use of sunscreen but I am not sure if I will get too hot.  Short rides are around town to the pool or market.  

Non-functioning Gall bladder Removal Surgery 2005

Diagnosed via Blood Test and Endoscopy: March 2013

Hashimoto's Thyroiditis -- Stable 2014

Anemia -- Resolved

Fractures (vertebrae): June 2013

Osteopenia/osteoporosis -- June 2013

Allergies and Food Intolerances

Diabetes -- January 2014

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

Join eNewsletter

Around here (SE Ohio), The dorkydills are mostly done blooming.  The Red buds are blooming and the trilliums in one spot along SR 690 that I always check for them in spring.  Some pears are starting little fruits but some haven't bloomed yet too.  Tree leaves are out though and I mowed grass for the first time last week.

My ducks are getting bigger and have their baby feathers now.  They grow fast.  Several more weeks and they'll molt and get their adult feathers on.

My brother Johnny is preparing his garden area now.  He won't start planting anything until Mother's Day though.  That is usually the last frost date.

Proverbs 25:16 "Hast thou found honey? eat so much as is sufficient for thee, lest thou be filled therewith, and vomit it."

Job 30:27 My bowels boiled, and rested not: the days of affliction prevented me.

Thyroid cyst and nodules, Lactose / casein intolerant. Diet positive, gene test pos, symptoms confirmed by Dr-head. My current bad list is: gluten, dairy, sulfites, coffee (the devil's brew), tea, Bug's Bunnies carrots, garbanzo beans of pain, soy- no joy, terrible turnips, tomatoes, peppers, potatoes, eggplant, celery, strawberries, pistachios, and hard work. Have a good day! 🙂 Paul

Join eNewsletter

Hi Scott,

I've eaten duck eggs in the past and didn't get sick.  So I suppose they are ok for me.  But then again I eat chicken eggs with no problem either.  My ducks probably won't start laying for another month or two.

I had car wreck today so may not be on much for a few days.  Got some neck pain and such like but nothing major.  Doc said to take it easy for a couple days though.

Proverbs 25:16 "Hast thou found honey? eat so much as is sufficient for thee, lest thou be filled therewith, and vomit it."

Job 30:27 My bowels boiled, and rested not: the days of affliction prevented me.

Thyroid cyst and nodules, Lactose / casein intolerant. Diet positive, gene test pos, symptoms confirmed by Dr-head. My current bad list is: gluten, dairy, sulfites, coffee (the devil's brew), tea, Bug's Bunnies carrots, garbanzo beans of pain, soy- no joy, terrible turnips, tomatoes, peppers, potatoes, eggplant, celery, strawberries, pistachios, and hard work. Have a good day! 🙂 Paul

Join eNewsletter

Feel better fast!  

Non-functioning Gall bladder Removal Surgery 2005

Diagnosed via Blood Test and Endoscopy: March 2013

Hashimoto's Thyroiditis -- Stable 2014

Anemia -- Resolved

Fractures (vertebrae): June 2013

Osteopenia/osteoporosis -- June 2013

Allergies and Food Intolerances

Diabetes -- January 2014

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

Join eNewsletter

Thanks you two, I hope to do that! :)

Join eNewsletter