JaneWhoLovesRain

I'm in need of a peanut butter cookie recipe

Rate this topic

Any good ones?  I've tried a couple and as with most cookies I've made, they've failed.  I can't  use xanthan gum which doesn't help things.  I need a cookie that holds itself together and doesn't spread out flat.  I've even tried the trick of baking them frozen but still no luck.

Jane

Try the ones my Home Ex teacher in the 7th grade (1970s) taught us.  This is so simple that I still recall this recipe!  

1 cup peanut butter, natural

1cup sugar

1 egg

1 tsp vanilla (could be optional)

Bake 350 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes.  Roll into 1 inch balls and flatten with a fork making a criss cross pattern.  I leave them as balls.  Easier to pop into your mouth.  You can add chocolate chips too.  Want to make them bigger?  Add more baking time.  

Edited by cyclinglady

1 hour ago, cyclinglady said:

Try the ones my Home Ex teacher in the 7th grade (1970s) taught us.  This is so simple that I still recall this recipe!  

1 cup peanut butter, natural

1cup sugar

1 egg

1 tsp vanilla (could be optional)

Bake 350 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes.  Roll into 1 inch balls and flatten with a fork making a criss cross pattern.  I leave them as balls.  Easier to pop into your mouth.  You can add chocolate chips too.  Want to make them bigger?  Add more baking time.  

I make these and use half brown sugar and half white.  And I use any old Pb. 

5 minutes ago, cyclinglady said:

You got me!   My Home Ec teacher did not care about which type of peanut butter, but I like to use Costco’s natural peanut butter.  I am a peanut butter snob!  😆

You just need the kind with added oil , salt and sugar- not the kind that comes when you just grind peanuts only. 

Wait a minute.  I use peanut butter that lists only peanuts and sea salt.  The oil naturally separates when the peanuts are ground and the end product is stored.  It must be stirred well after opening and it  requires refrigeration once opened (no preservatives).   It makes for fine cookies.  

The disadvantages of a natural peanut butter is that it requires refrigeration after opening and it is a pain to stir when you first open it up.