Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chrissy

Do You Suppose It Was Gluten?

i think we are getting some gluten in the girls diet somewhere. all three have had stomach problems in the last 2 days-------none of the other kids have had any problem. guess we better reassess things again.

christine

Christine

15 year old twins with celiac, diagnosed dec. 2005

11 year old daughter with celiac diagnosed dec 2005

17 year old son with celiac gene

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I hope they feel better soon. We had the same thing last week and then I realized I had gotten the regular Vann's waffles by mistake!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :o !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I felt like such a lousy mom. Good luck in finding it!

If you're looking for info on how to get started on the gluten-free diet, check out this List for Newly Diagnosed.

Self - Pain free since going gluten-free 9/05 (suffered from unexplained joint pain entire life), asthma improving, allergies improving, mysterious rash disappeared (probably DH)

Husband - Type 1 diabetic, Negative bloodwork

Son - Elevated IgA, Very high IgG, 2 negative biopsies - HLA DQ2 and DQ8 positive, Amazing dietary response since 1/06

Daughter - Congenital Heart Defect (2 surgeries), Reflux, choking issues, eczema, egg allergy - HLA DQ2 positive, Good dietary response (via me because of nursing) since 9/05

"All things happen for good for those who love God..." Romans 8:28

I'm sorry :( Did you eat out at any restaurants or introduce any new foods?

Carrie Faith

Diagnosed with Celiac Disease in March 2004

Postitive tTg Blood Test, December 2003

Positive Biopsy, March 3, 2004

Restaurants! We had the samething happen with Jake this last week. We dined at Taco Time and he got a taco salad. He loved it, but 45 minutes later, he had cramps. I discovered that the taco seasoning had to of contained gluten. I now go onto the websites of restaurants and get their ingredients lists. I don't know about Canada, but here in the states, it was made law in February of 2006 that restaurants must have ingredients and possible sensitivities listed to the consumer.

Anyways, I have gone off on a tangent, but another thing you could look for is cross-contamination. Don't mix pans, knives, or cutting boards.