Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

emcmaster

At What Point Do You Start Suspecting Other Intolerances?

My reactions to dairy and too much fat are pretty much the same as gluten, except they last a few days rather than a whole week.

I started feeling bad yesterday (lots of stomach pain and spasms and some bloating), but it hasn't been a full reaction like it always is when I get glutened (or accidentally consume dairy or fat). Could it be something else? I haven't eaten anything new.

I'm wondering, if I keep feeling bad, if I should start thinking it's something else and at what point I start looking, rather than just thinking I'm experiencing random pain and symptoms.

ELIZABETH

gluten-free (04.17.2006)

corn-free (03.27.2007)

xanthan gum-free

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

The way I started to notice my additional intolerances was I began like you but started to notice a pattern - soy was the first to rear its ugly head.

-Kate

gluten-free since July 2004

Other Intolerances:

Strawberries and Banannas (2007)

Nitrates (April 2006)

Yeast (which includes all vinegar so no condiments) (Oct. 2004)

Peanuts (Nov. 2004)

Soy (Oct. 2004)

Almonds (Sept. 2004)

Corn (Sept. 2004)

Lactose/Casein (1999)

I did fine being "just" gluten-free for several months--then I noticed my GI and anxiety symptoms returning. I would suggest you keep a food diary so you can more easily notice which symptoms happen when you eat different foods.

Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

Guest BERNESES
I did fine being "just" gluten-free for several months--then I noticed my GI and anxiety symptoms returning. I would suggest you keep a food diary so you can more easily notice which symptoms happen when you eat different foods.

ditto on the food diary- it and jerseyangel helped me figure out I was legume intolerant. I couldn't figure out why I felt sick when I ate chili, chocolate and peanut butter (not in the same bowl mind you :P ) but it turns out that peanuts, soy and beans are all legumes. NEVER would have figured that out without the food journal and patti's help (thanks Patti!!!! I'm in so much less pain because of you!!!!!!!!!)