This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Lipton Onion Soup Mix?

Nantzie

Nantzie Collaborator

Anyone know?

Nancy

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Canadian Karen Community Regular

It's not listed anywhere on Delphi and they just updated their list Sept. 1st. I wouldn't try it......

Karen

chrissy Collaborator

here is a recipe that you can use to make your own onion soup mix.

4 teaspoons instant beef bouillon granules

8 teaspoons dried minced onion

1 teaspoon onion powder

1/2 teaspoon bon appetit seasoning (?)

makes one package onion seasoning mix

LKelly8 Rookie

It used to be gluten-free. My mother used to make onion dip and roast gravy with it. It was delisted awhile back tho, I don't remember why exactly. I've been looking for gluten-free canned onion soup, no luck. Swanson's organic beef broth is as close as I've gotten. -_-

Franceen Explorer

Clan Thompson Database (recent version) has it as "UNKNOWN" but notes that the mfg (Unilever) says they disclose on the label anything that's got gluten and "buyer beware-type" clause!

Rikki Tikki Explorer

I don't think it's gluten free

Canadian Karen Community Regular

I am not familiar with Fantastic Foods (I am in Canada), but they are on here as gluten-free:

Soups

Campbell’s Canada (www.campbellsoup.ca/en/home.asp)

(v-01/27/06)

RED & WHITE: bean with bacon 10 fl oz, chicken broth 10 fl oz, chicken with rice 10 fl oz, chicken with white & wild rice 10 fl 0z, fiesta tomato 10 fl oz, tomato with basil & oregano 10 fl oz, vegetable broth with onions 10 fl oz

READY TO SERVE: fiesta vegetable 19 fl oz

READY TO SERVE HEALTHY REQUEST: New England clam chowder 19 fl oz

RED & WHITE READY TO USE: chicken broth 900 ml tetra, beef broth 25% less sodium 900 ml tetra, chicken broth 25% less sodium 900 ml tetra, chicken broth 500 ml tetra, Thai broth 500 ml tetra, vegetable broth 500 ml tetra

CHUNKY READY TO SERVE: split pea with ham 19 oz, steak chili

GARDENNAY SOUPS (TETRA PAK): butternut squash 500 ml & 1l, golden autumn carrot 500 ml & 1l, red pepper black bean 500 ml & 1l

HABITANT SOUPS: French Canadian pea 8 0z, 14 oz, & 28 oz, pea with garden vegetable 28 oz, pea with smoked ham 8, 14 & 28 oz

Campbell's USA (vs=4/20/06)Chicken Broccoli Cheese Chunky Soup 18 oz

Savory Lentil Select Soup 19 oz

Swanson Broth: Lower Sodium Beef Broth 14 oz; RTS Beef Broth 14.5 oz; RTS Chicken Broth 14.5 oz & 49.5 oz; Natural Goodness Chicken Broth-all sizes; Vegetable Broth 14 oz

Chilliman Chili (Faribault Foods) (www.chilliman.com) (v.e.=2/22/06)

Chilliman Chili products with beans are gluten free.

Fantastic Foods (vw=2/23/06) Open Original Shared Link

SOUP & DIP MIXES: Onion Soup & Dip, Vegetable Soup & Dip, Onion Mushroom Soup & Dip, Garlic Herb Soup & DipINTERNATIONAL DISHES: Original Hummus, Instant Refried Beans, Instant Black Beans, Spinach Parmesan Hummus

Hormel Foods (vw=4/24/06) (Open Original Shared Link)

DINTY MOORE® Beef or Chicken Stew; DINTY MOORE® Microwave Meals: Scalloped Potatoes & Ham, Beef Stew, Rice with Chicken; HERB-OX® Bouillon: Beef, Chicken, Vegetable, Garlic Chicken; HORMEL® Chili with Beans: Regular, Chunky, Hot; HORMEL® Microwave Bean & Ham Soup

President's Choice Cream of Mushroom - Ready to Serve Soup (888-495-5111) (vp=4/11/06)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Nantzie Collaborator

Yep. Not gonna risk it. I'm making stew in the crock pot. Mmm... I might dig through my cupboards and see if I can find some dehydrated minced onions though. I put in some bullion cubes and the basic meat and onions (browned first), and celery, carrots and potatoes. I'll mess around with the seasonings after everything starts melding together.

Nancy

Guest nini

I use the Fantastic Foods soup mixes for different recipes. They are good.

hez Enthusiast

I just had onion dip this last weekend with this stuff. I read the ingredients (clearly no wheat listed due to labeling law) and took a chance. I did not eat alot of it but it did not make me sick. There was not a warning for cc due to wheat. Maybe there is barley, rye or oats around the factory.

Hez

TinkerbellSwt Collaborator

I had been using the Lipton Onion Soup Mix all the time. I use it to make a dip. I never had any problems with it. Now I am wary to use it. Thanks for all the info

Guest ~jules~

I made crock-pot stew last week, for the base I just used some gluten-free beef broth, and then spiced it up, it turned out really good. I do miss the onion soup mix though, you can do so much with it :P

Nantzie Collaborator

My stew turned out really good. I used beef boullion, onion powder, celery salt, regular salt and pepper. Yum! I'm going to pick up some more dehydrated onions so I have them for next time.

Nancy

IrishKelly Contributor
Anyone know?

Nancy

Absolutely not...not on the back of the listed ingredits on the Lipton Soup Mix box (contains 2 pouches) that i have...you may want to call!!

jkmunchkin Rising Star

I believe it is ok. But make sure not to get the Kosher one because I think that one has wheat. I'm not positive so double check the ingredients.

VegasCeliacBuckeye Collaborator

I use it with no ill effects...though it has been some time -- last Thanksgiving???

Archived