Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DBRIDGEVEGAS

Another Wierd Symptom....?!?

Has anyone ever had a feeling of numbness in their stomachs at night? When I was on gluten I use to wake up in the middle of the night and my stomach would feel numb...it was located mostly on the left side just below my rib cage. It is quite a weird feeling...I think I was just glutened yesterday...because I awoke with that wierd feeling again. It seems to go away as soon as I stand up and burp a handfull of times. Thanks...!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Well, although I did notice my stomach not feeling right if I had eaten wheat, it was only as I was limiting the amount of wheat that I noticed it. Before this time I was eating tons of the stuff, so my gut was probably just too overwhelmed, and I was too accustomed to it to know better.

Still, it didn't feel like what I'd call numb. It was more of feeling that my stomach wasn't able to do its job - like the digestive process was halted, or greatly impaired.

...it was located mostly on the left side just below my rib cage.

That's where the stomach is located, so I guess when you refer to "stomach", perhaps you mean the whole gut in general?

A spherical meteorite 10 km in diameter traveling at 20 km/s has the kinetic energy equal to the calories in 550,000,000,000,000,000 Twinkies.

The spot you are talking about is ususally associated with gas pains. If you have a large gas bubble there, then it may feel "numb" because it is pushing against the walls of the stomach and not allowing them to touch. Hope is doesn't hurt!

EnteroLab test positive for gluten intolerence and 2 gluten intolerence and celiac genes

DQ2 and DQ3 sub type DQ7 in December 2005

Gluten-free since Enterolab test, December 2, 2005.

Lame Advertisement Test positive for gluten intolerence in Sept 2005.

THEN found out that my fathers mother had nontropical sprue, she passed away at 40 from (stomach) cancer, had holes in her intestines when they caught it. I had no idea....

Oh yes, i would bet a hundred bucks this is a gas problem...i went through this myself, sometimes it hurts, sometimes is a numbing/tickling feeling...hang in there, it will get better!

Gluten Free...negative blood results...absolutely positive diet results.

Dairy Free...absolutely positive diet results.

Egg Free...there goes another one...absolutely positive diet results.

Allergic to Codeine.

"Life is like a box of chocolates...you never know which ones may have gluten in them:)"