Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

haze63

Is There Any Society For People With Celiac Disease

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I am not sure what you are asking for Haze. We have the GIG, the Gluten Intolerance Group of America: http://www.gluten.net/ There are support groups in many places now. You have found this forum and there are several others too. Anything you need to know can probably be answered here and if not, many knows sites to look for or a person who may be able to help. Ask away!

Deb

Long Island, NY

Double DQ1, subtype 6

We urge all doctors to take time to listen to your patients.. don't "isolate" symptoms but look at the whole spectrum. If a patient tells you s/he feels as if s/he's falling apart and "nothing seems to be working properly", chances are s/he's right!

"The calm river of your life approaches the rocky chute of the rapids - flow on through. You are the same water. The rocks cannot hurt you. Remember, now and then, that you are the water and not the boat. Flow on!

Like Deb mentioned, there is the GIG, which has local chapters. I highly recommend joining the national group---they have GREAT information/quarterly publications sent out that are wonderful.

CSA is another group with local chapters www.csaceliacs.org

CDF is another http://www.celiac.org/ with local chapters

We are members of the CSA - Celiac Sprue Association. We attend monthly meetings and our children participate with the Cel-Kids Network, specifically for children who are Celiacs.

I do get a LOT of help here, but sitting and talking with others who get it, on a personal and face to face level, has really helped beyond comprehension.

Jayhawkmom -

Mom of three....

Jay - 11

Bean - 8

Ian - 3