Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hey, I have a question that I am not sure of the answer to.. how about Doritos All Natural White Nacho Cheese?? The only warning on it is contains milk. no wheat in them anywhere.. I havent had them before and honestly probably wont have them today anyway, but I am just curious.. I know the regular nacho cheese ones, with the orange cheese on them are no no's..

Stephanie

Gluten free since October 05

son born severly premature due to

celiac

"True love stories never end" Richard Bach

"Did you ever stop thinking and forget to start again?" AA Milne

If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you" AA Milne

Swimming Instructor #2 and Town Crier of Rachelville

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

We eat them with no problems. They're very good.

~Angie~

Gluten free since May 2004

..... Doritos .... I know the regular nacho cheese ones, with the orange cheese on them are no no's..

tbs,

Yesterday we had a family birthday party at a relatives house, the first time I have been in that situation since being gluten-free. The other times were at our house and so I knew exactly what was what. And as we were waiting for the hamburgers and hotdogs to cook, we were munching on a variety of chips. At first I only ate the cheetos, but a few minutes later realized I was eating some kind of cheese ruffles and nacho doritos (yes the ones with wheat flour right on the label).

I guess I was so preoccupied thinking about all the other stuff I wasn't going to eat (hamburger buns, hot dog buns, beans - they were canned, baked beans of some kind, shredded pork barbeque with some seasonings & sauce) that I just forgot what I was doing. I was reluctant to question everything and start digging through my inlaws trash can (although I did surreptitiously look in the pantry, but the trash can was half empty, probably had been taken out already, which meant I'd have to go outside and look in the big container).

Makes for a very different kind of experience, not a very pleasant one. Then, my family had a birthday party last night and I had yet another bunless hamburger. One thing I learned yesterday, hamburger patties tend to be overcooked. That's not much of a problem when on a bun with condiments. But alone, eaten with a knife & fork, suck! At the very least, I must take my own buns/bread next time.

BTW, didn't get sick or anything, but did feel wierd/off for a few hours (physical or mind over matter?).

best regards, lm

p.s., sorry off topic really. This should be under "newbe has dumb attact"!

gluten-free 12-18-06

colonoscopy, upper GI
blood, urine, stool tests, prometheus panel
positive endoscopy/positive duodenal biopsies (severe villous atrophy, high intraepithelial lympocytes)
diagnosed celiac disease by Gastroenterologist Andrew R. Gottesman, 12-18-06

"Sobriety sucks. That's why they invented booze in the first place." Denis Leary - Rescue Me

Beware the chocolate of Chiapa

Thanks for the answers, maybe hubby will get off my back if I buy those for him.. his favorite are the regular nacho cheese doritos, and they arent allowed in my house!

larry, we all do the dumb things once in a while. I have caught myself on many occasion, in la la land and load up a plate with the salads, including pasta salad.. duh!

I have to add, that since no one at the party brought anything crumby.. they all ate my cake from Mr Ritts.. the lemon torte, oh yum.. and I made gluten free pantry brownies and frosted them and put sprinkles on the top ( for my nieces ) all was eaten!

and my mom made her famous mustard sauce for the corned beef, its a sweet/tiny bit spicy and awesome sauce.. all with gluten free flour, everyone ate it, no one knew the difference!! YAY!

Stephanie

Stephanie

Gluten free since October 05

son born severly premature due to

celiac

"True love stories never end" Richard Bach

"Did you ever stop thinking and forget to start again?" AA Milne

If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you" AA Milne

Swimming Instructor #2 and Town Crier of Rachelville

On The View's (abc.com) home page lists all the great gluten-free foods they had on their Celiac segment last week. I posted that link on publicity thread about that show. The white nacho cheese Doritos are on that list. I don't do msg anymore so I gave up all Doritos regardless of gluten content.

Dx'd with anemia - March 2005

Positive blood tests - Sept. 2005

Positive biopsy - Jan. 2006

Gluten free since 1-23-06

Thanks for the answers, maybe hubby will get off my back if I buy those for him.. his favorite are the regular nacho cheese doritos, and they arent allowed in my house!

Do they have Zesty Cheese Doritos in the U.S.? That's the kind we get now. I don't like Doritos much, but to me the Zesty Cheese and Nacho Cheese taste a lot alike. In Canada Zesty Cheese is in an orange bag w/o gluten and Nacho Cheese is in a red bag w/gluten.

Linda, Mom to Ty (11 years old)

Ty was diagnosed by blood test June 7/05

biopsy Aug 11/05, diagnosis confirmed Aug 18/05

Mom, Dad and big brother Celiac-free.

• Celiac.com Sponsors (A19):

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    PSHadle
  • Celiac.com Sponsor (A20):

• Forum Statistics