Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

• You've found your Celiac Tribe! Join our like-minded, private community and share your story, get encouragement and connect with others.

💬

• Sign In

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chgomom

Vitamin D Level Way Low ~scared

I'm betting...I get that vitamin D horse pill in my and it should help with alot of these things going on.

CAN YOU BELEIVE...

postive blood work

Osteopenia and Porosis,

deficiencies in zinc, A, D and E

Teeth issues - soft enamel

and DH

6 months gluten free....and the blood work is back to normal, and all my levels that indicated inflamation are normal but all I have is this lingering Zinc and D issue.

That to me says, supplement me and see how that works.

Why the biopsy still.....why do they NEED that.

And...wow...if my D ,level is 8 they better get me something fast,,,,he says he needs to see how much he can put me on.....

ugggggggghhhhhhhhhh

I told my doc i wanted to get a blood test to check my vitamin levels, and he only ordered a B12 lab......What blood test did you get to check all of those vitamins?

28 yr old Male

Diagnosed Celiac in February 2007

Gluten-free/Casein Free

HLA DQ 2,3 Subtype (2,8) I have both celiac genes!

Married

1 child 9 months- Levi

Yeast/Bacteria overgrowth

" CHANGE THE WAY YOU LOOK AT THINGS AND THE THINGS YOU LOOK AT CHANGE"

Wayne Dyer

I'm betting...I get that vitamin D horse pill in my and it should help with alot of these things going on.

CAN YOU BELEIVE...

postive blood work

Osteopenia and Porosis,

deficiencies in zinc, A, D and E

Teeth issues - soft enamel

and DH

6 months gluten free....and the blood work is back to normal, and all my levels that indicated inflamation are normal but all I have is this lingering Zinc and D issue.

That to me says, supplement me and see how that works.

Why the biopsy still.....why do they NEED that.

And...wow...if my D ,level is 8 they better get me something fast,,,,he says he needs to see how much he can put me on.....

ugggggggghhhhhhhhhh

I am unable to retain Vitamin D. In the beginning I was taking 50,000 units weekly. I did that for 8 mths. Then my dr. told me I could back it down to 50,000 units once mthly. I have been taking that for a year and a half now. He said that I would probably have to take it forever. Also my iron level has been dangerously low for at least 6 mths. now. My dr. does not know why. He is sending me to another dr. to see if he can find out why I cannot retain iron. It is just one thing after another.

Jerri

Celiac Diseac

Sjogren's Syndrome

Hypothyroidism

HypoParathyroidism

Hashismoto's Thyroiditis

Fibromyalgia

Raynauds Syndrome

Migraines

Major Depression

Bipolar Disordor

Neurogenic Bldder

Pudendal Neuralgia

Chronic Insomnia

Ostopenia

Osteoarthritis

Vitamin D Deficiency

B12 Defiency Defiency

Iron Defiency

If you've got a vit D deficiency I think it is up to you to educate yourself, this is another area doctors are really trailing behind in.

A great place to start is with http://vitamindcouncil.com/

It is so important. They're finding a huge link between insufficient D levels and a lot of life-threatening diseases like heart disease and cancer.

The primary cause of low vitamin D is low sun exposure.

If you want to raise your vitamin D naturally, go outside at mid-day with as little clothing as possible for as long as you can without getting sunburned. Don't wear sunscreen because this blocks vitamin D absorption.

Slowly increase the amount of time you stay outside until you can stay outside for 1 hour everyday without getting burned.

This will rapidly raise your vitamin D levels without having to use supplements.

Jesse, good advice, but some of us live up north where it's only 40 degrees (or colder for some)! ;)

gluten-free 12/05

diagnosed with Lyme Disease 12/06