Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chgomom

Vitamin D Level Way Low ~scared

I'm betting...I get that vitamin D horse pill in my and it should help with alot of these things going on.

CAN YOU BELEIVE...

postive blood work

Osteopenia and Porosis,

deficiencies in zinc, A, D and E

Teeth issues - soft enamel

and DH

6 months gluten free....and the blood work is back to normal, and all my levels that indicated inflamation are normal but all I have is this lingering Zinc and D issue.

That to me says, supplement me and see how that works.

Why the biopsy still.....why do they NEED that.

And...wow...if my D ,level is 8 they better get me something fast,,,,he says he needs to see how much he can put me on.....

ugggggggghhhhhhhhhh

I told my doc i wanted to get a blood test to check my vitamin levels, and he only ordered a B12 lab......What blood test did you get to check all of those vitamins?

I'm betting...I get that vitamin D horse pill in my and it should help with alot of these things going on.

CAN YOU BELEIVE...

postive blood work

Osteopenia and Porosis,

deficiencies in zinc, A, D and E

Teeth issues - soft enamel

and DH

6 months gluten free....and the blood work is back to normal, and all my levels that indicated inflamation are normal but all I have is this lingering Zinc and D issue.

That to me says, supplement me and see how that works.

Why the biopsy still.....why do they NEED that.

And...wow...if my D ,level is 8 they better get me something fast,,,,he says he needs to see how much he can put me on.....

ugggggggghhhhhhhhhh

I am unable to retain Vitamin D. In the beginning I was taking 50,000 units weekly. I did that for 8 mths. Then my dr. told me I could back it down to 50,000 units once mthly. I have been taking that for a year and a half now. He said that I would probably have to take it forever. Also my iron level has been dangerously low for at least 6 mths. now. My dr. does not know why. He is sending me to another dr. to see if he can find out why I cannot retain iron. It is just one thing after another.

If you've got a vit D deficiency I think it is up to you to educate yourself, this is another area doctors are really trailing behind in.

A great place to start is with http://vitamindcouncil.com/

It is so important. They're finding a huge link between insufficient D levels and a lot of life-threatening diseases like heart disease and cancer.

The primary cause of low vitamin D is low sun exposure.

If you want to raise your vitamin D naturally, go outside at mid-day with as little clothing as possible for as long as you can without getting sunburned. Don't wear sunscreen because this blocks vitamin D absorption.

Slowly increase the amount of time you stay outside until you can stay outside for 1 hour everyday without getting burned.

This will rapidly raise your vitamin D levels without having to use supplements.