This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

10 Things I Hate About Celiac

Mtndog

jerseyangel Proficient
Honestly, the thing that bugs me the most is trying SO hard and being So careful and still getting sick and not knowing why :(:angry:

This is so true :angry:;)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HannahHannah Apprentice
This is so true :angry:;)

Absolutely! The hours you spend scouring your memory trying to figure out where you were glutened!

Kyalesyin Apprentice
Absolutely! The hours you spend scouring your memory trying to figure out where you were glutened!

And so many times, the answer here seems to be 'work'...

NoGluGirl Contributor
Honestly, the thing that bugs me the most is trying SO hard and being So careful and still getting sick and not knowing why :(:angry:

I think it's pretty valid to be darn angry when people don't ATTEMPT to understand OR they maliciously try to prove you're not sick. There's a thread on here about someone whose spouse put gluten in the food just to prove he/she wouldn't get sick. :(

Dear Mtndog,

I agree completely! It is terrible being obsessively careful, and still getting sick! I know the source of mine is usually my parents. They don't pay attention. Crumbs are everywhere! It freaks me out! :unsure: You never know what is going to hurt you.

I have been on that thread you spoke of. It is so irritating that people do such things. My parents just are not careful. They do not seem to accept the seriousness of this disease. They say, it is all I talk about! That is because it is what my life is about! They do not understand, nor do they care to! Even worse, these people try to tell us we are selfish for wanting to be well! :angry:

Sincerely,

NoGluGirl

TriticusToxicum Explorer

-read the label

-decipher the label

-trust the label?

-trust the manufacturer?

Office mates "Donut anyone?"

me "no thanks"

Office mates "you still on that diet?"

<_<

No (real) pizza

No (good) beer

No (edible) burger buns/hot dog rolls

$13 for 4oz. of xanthan gum!! :blink:

eating out/traveling

licking the beaters...and then remembering you used bean flour ( :wacko: bleck!)

(i'm hard at work on the TP Dispenserator 3000XL hand bag attachment)

Guest GrimTribe

10. Soothing my little guy when he found out he can't eat donuts.

9. Soothing my little guy when he found out he can't eat pizza.

8. Soothing my little guy when he found out he can't eat toast.

7. Worrying about possible Celiac Disease in my other 3 kids and me, and my sisters, and my brothers....

6. Slowly convincing my girlfriend the WHOLE household needs to go gluten-free to protect Steele from CC at home.

5. The freakin cost of freakin gluten-free food!

4. Soothing my little guy when he has a crying jag because he misses donuts..

3. Soothing my little guy when he has a crying jag because he misses pizza...

2. Soothing my little guy when he has a crying jag because he misses toast...

1. Having to tell my little guy all the things he can't eat.

I'm new at this, and I hate way more, but I'll save that for another time. Off to get some Happy Vibes rolling....

:( Raven

Jo.R Contributor

How about the panic over every little twinge in the stomach area: "Have I been glutened, or is it a normal thing?".

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

kbtoyssni Contributor
5. Not being able to eat a blue box of Kraft Mac and Cheese.

This is one very long thread that I haven't had to time read all of so forgive me if this is a repeat. I buy the blue boxes of Kraft, take out the cheese powder and use that with my own noodles. You're right, there's something about boxed mac & cheese that you just can't replicate so thank goodness the cheese is gluten-free.

Archived