Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cdfiance

Baby Food

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

All it is is cooked, pureed veggies and fruits. It is easy on the system because it is only one ingredient. You can buy applesauce that is just as simple.

hope that helps!

ptkds

ptkds

Mom of 4 beautiful girls (the 2 youngest are only 10 months apart!)
Diagnosed with Celiac disease on November 8, 2006; gluten-free as of 12-1-06.

DD#2 13 years old; diagnosed on November 28, 2006. gluten-free as of 12-7-06.
DD#3 9 years old; diagnosed through blood work in October 2006. Gluten-free as of mid-November and doing GREAT!!
DD#4 8 years old; had a scope done on 6-22-07 (at 14 months old) and the dr saw stomach ulcers, but all test results were negative. GI dr told us to put her on the gluten free diet anyway. She is gluten free as of 6-22-07.

Hi

I understand what you going thru, for a long time I thought that I would have to eat baby food for ever. But as soon I discovered the Gluten Free Diet everything changed for the better.

A question for you.

Can you fiance take fresh vegestables, meat, and fish. I started with the basics, and now after five weeks I am adding more things that are gluten free. When I started the diet I obtain a great list from noglugirl. The list is great, maybe she can posted for you again.

My prayers are with you. I was in the same steps 5 weeks ago.

My regards to you.

Have not I commanded you? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God is with you every where you go.

Jos 1:9

I can do all things thru Christ which strengtheneth me.

Phi 4:13

Blood Test: Negative 03/2006

Biopsy Negative 04/2006

Stopped gluten-free diet 04/2006

EnteroLabs: Positive 04/2007

Fecal Antigliadin IgA "Positive"

Fecal Antitissue Transglutaminase IgA "Positive"

Quantitative Microscopic Fecal Fat Score "Positive"

Fecal anti-casein (cow

Guest j_mommy

Yes to all of the above. We do the same thing with eldery clients...puree their food. It's easy to digest..1 b/c it's pureed and 2 b/c it is a single food. My aunt made her own baby food(kudos to her!LOL) and she just pureed veggies, fruit and meat in a food processor. You can check ingredients on the back of baby food jars. But as far as giving it to an adult..you may just want to make you're own....it would be much cheaper than buying dozens of jars to feed an adult!

I made my own baby food and it is super easy and kind of fun. But I think it would be better to just eat the food fresh. Plain meats, steamed veggies etc.

On a side note I but the baby food into ice cube trays and froze them. Then when the baby was hungry I just popped a few cubes into the microwave and we had a meal.

gluten-free since 2004!