Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Glutenfreefamily

Gluten Free Casein Free Cheese?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

If you can have soy, I believe there's soemthing called Vegan Slices (or Soymage maybe?)

You can try chreese (www.chreese.com)

Or...

You can try to make raw vegan cheese with cashews (I don't have a recipe on hand but I know there are some on this board)

"Let food be thy medicine, and let thy medicine be food." - Hippocrates

If you can have soy, I believe there's soemthing called Vegan Slices (or Soymage maybe?)

You can try chreese (www.chreese.com)

Or...

You can try to make raw vegan cheese with cashews (I don't have a recipe on hand but I know there are some on this board)

Thanks :) We arent avoiding soy yet, just dairy and gluten. I dont give her nuts too much but I'll search for the recipe for future use. I'll look for vegan slices and chreese today as I'm going to our local health food store. This is mainly for my daughter but my husband does like some cheese for pizza.

there are new vegan rice slices out that are soy, gluten and casein free. i've only found the slices so far and for satisfying the cheese cravings they're okay but my husband (no food allergies) took one bite and said no way :lol: they are made by Galaxy foods and i found them at my whole foods.

Diagnosed with Celiac Disease February 2007

Finally feeling better than ever!

Here's a link to a previous discussion. Someone posted a TON of Gluten-free Casein-free cheese recipes here about a year ago, but I can't remember who it was, maybe AndreaB???? I'm just guessing.

http://www.glutenfreeforum.com/index.php?showtopic=21880

~Angie~

Gluten free since May 2004

There's still a chance at REAL cheese.

A great many people w/ casein problems are better classified as having cow's milk casein problems, allowing goat & sheep.

I had a fantastic Dutch Goat Gouda awhile back, yum. Not sure if it's easily determined besides eat & hope tho.

>>>>>>> tom <<<<<<<

Celiac 1st diagnosed as a toddler, in the 60s. Docs then, between bloodletting & leech-tending, said "he'll grow out of it" & I was back on gluten & mostly fine for 30yrs.

Gluten-free since 12-03

Dairy-free since 10-04

Soy-free since 5-07

we like tofutti cheese (sour cream and cream cheese too tofutti), it is soy and tofu.....I haven't been able to find any other cheeses near me that are casein free. I seen some of the vegan ones but then casein is still listed as an ingredient...how do they get away with calling them vegan.....stay away from veggie cheese it has casein in it.

Janel (me): gluten-free since 4/10/07; casien free 5/1/07;soy light 10/07

**LOST 35 lbs since April 2007(much needed weight loss)**

ds(6 yrs)- gluten-free since 3/19/07; casein free 5/2/07;soy free 10/07

HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 7,7)

new dx= Hirschsprungs Disease w/cecostomy

the non believers, only allergen free eatting at home because they have to be:

Hubby: refuses to eat Gluten-free Casein-free except for dinner

dd(14 yrs)- refuses to go along with any special dietary retrictions *I suspect dairy/wheat intollerant*

I believe that to legally call something VEGAN it cannot have any part coming from an animal. At least that is what I have been told and have found to be true. The Casein found in Vegan products is vegetable based. I think from beets?? I have no idea how that works, but Vegan cheese even with the vegetable Casein has not caused a problem for us. My child reacts to the lactic acid starter cultures found in other products, so I think she is pretty sensitive.