This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

A New Weight Loss Support/accountability Thread

lonewolf

ang1e0251 Contributor

I actually lost a pond but I didn't count it because I had gained it before.....at least it's off again. Did some light lifting on the jiggly arms. I need to see how much is safe, I cracked my shoulder last time I went all out. Painful. I was strong enough but my shoulder didn't appreciate the effort.

I like the salty soup explanation. I'll save that one up for Thanksgiving! Anybody have a good gluten-free green bean casserole recipe?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 815
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ang1e0251 Contributor

Here we go, a new week!

Yesterday, Sunday

Breakfast ham & eggs, tortillas w/butter, coffee with soy milk

Lunch rice w/lemon juice, chicken quarter, orange juice

Snacked on peanut butter cookies

Dinner I used my new pizza stone, so cool! Made chicken alfredo pizza, it was a little bland but good for a first effort. The stone was incredible, cooked the crust nice & crispy, best gluten-free I've had.

Thought I really over did it but was down 1 pound this morning. ??? I can't figure it out, I just go with the flow. Did a few pushups to get the old arms ready for some harder work & I kept my word & moved the alarm back 5 minutes. When I'm used to that, I'll move it back again.

Everybody ready for Thanksgiving?

lonewolf Collaborator

I'm down to 162. Seven more to go in 28 days. Yikes! My clothes are getting looser and I realized that I am going to have to buy some new ones when I lose that last 7. Guess that will be my early Christmas present to myself.

If you haven't looked at Spark people dot com, you really need to go there. It is helping me so much. I use the nutrition tracker and the fitness tracker and it really helps me to be accountable. This is the most disciplined I've been in years and it doesn't seem nearly as hard.

ang1e0251 Contributor

I kind of rebel with that much discipline. Isn't it dumb to rebel against your own self? I don't know why I do that.

Only seven to go? That's impressive. Clothes loosening up is such a great feeling!

Last night I ate leftover pizza and peanut butter cookies w/OJ.

went to celiac meeting, after had tea & a pear.

breakfast coffee w/ soy milk, 2 eggs, tortillas w/butter

snack cookies

lunch baked chicken & rice later a pear & cookies

lonewolf Collaborator
Only seven to go? That's impressive. Clothes loosening up is such a great feeling!

LOL. I only have 7 left for THIS goal. After that I still have 10-15 to go to be where I really should be. I was about 145 all through college, which at 5'7 isn't skinny, but is a great weight for me. I'm fairly muscular (and large chested, unfortunately) so I always weigh a little more than I look. The last time I was down in the low 140's was about 10 years ago and I wore a size 6-8. I'd be thrilled with that again.

Jestgar Rising Star
LOL. I only have 7 left for THIS goal. After that I still have 10-15 to go to be where I really should be. I was about 145 all through college, which at 5'7 isn't skinny, but is a great weight for me. I'm fairly muscular (and large chested, unfortunately) so I always weigh a little more than I look. The last time I was down in the low 140's was about 10 years ago and I wore a size 6-8. I'd be thrilled with that again.

Thanks for sharing that. I'm a similar body type and I've been wondering what a good weight goal would be. I doubt I'd ever get to 145, but maybe 160 would work (I'm built like a football player :angry: )

ang1e0251 Contributor

Well, I'm short but I think my days of the 130's are a thing of the past. I wasn't thin like that but acceptable. Now I would be please if I could lose 5-10 pounds every year and keep it off until I made about 140. The celiac stuff just wreaked havoc on my weight the last 20 years. I want to get a handle on it again and now I know I can. I never could understand why I just stopped being able to control it all of a sudden. I know now! So the old flab goes! I just like to do it gradually.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

little d Enthusiast

Hi Ladies

I hope the everybody is doing well. Everytime I start to post something about what I have eaten or post my weight I have to turn off the computer and go do something really quick and thought that I had posted. So here we go.

My weight is now back down to 148lbs after going up to 153lbs, don't know what I did to get up there but, I;m back down so I ok with this.

My meals for this week have pretty my been the same because I have not gone shopping to get everything that I am out of. I did go to this little Health food store and got a good deal on Kinnikink bread got 2 loafs of sandwhich bread 2 for $6.00 could not pass it up.

My meals as of Wendnesday

B-Coffee

gluten-free waffles

D- stuffed potatos with gluten-free bacon, turkey, sour cream, chive onions, gluten-free cheese

Thursday

Coffee

L- left over stuffed potato with egg with a brown rice tortilla

D- 2 cinnamon sugar toast

tea

working

brown rice tortilla with sunshine patty, with salad and sunflower seeds

Friday

up at 2pm

Cinnamon Dolce Latte from Starbucks (couldn't help myself)

D- gluten-free Sandwhich with ham and cheese

tea

Now 32 oz tea

dinner for tonight will be brown rice tortilla with sunshine patty, salad with sunflower seeds.

I have finally cut down my diet soda intake by only one diet soda a week, and I am finally getting to the point that I really don't want it after I have opened it up.

Happy eating ladies have a good weekend.

donna

ang1e0251 Contributor

Wow, a week has gone by and I havn't posted like normal. Been kind of crazy at the flower shop. I had a reaction this week & so did my friend. Strangely we both had ham for a couple of days & narrowed it down to that. I brought the lable to research as I thought it was OK. So...I gained a pound this week as often happens when I'm glutened. But it will come down again as I clean up my diet. Sigh.

DH was sick this weekend so I didn't accomplish everything I wanted. We had Angel Food Distribution too and that changes the weekend dynamic although I love it. It's a very fulfilling mission.

So I will start over.

Br. today same old: eggs, tortillas, coffee

Lunch will be chicken breast, rice, Death by Chocolate cake

snack is pear

Everyone have a great week!

lonewolf Collaborator

I'm down another pound, but it's been really hard work.

Life has gotten busy because I'm now working 4-1/2 days a week instead of 2-1/2. I barely have time to do anything except work, cook meals, plan lunches for my 4 kids and me, do laundry and collapse. I've gotten a few workouts in there too, but not nearly as many as I was able to do while working half time. I'm going to go crazy when basketball season starts and I add 20+ hours a week onto my schedule.

ang1e0251 Contributor

I hear you on the busy scale, Lonewolf. With kids, time seems to s-q-u-e-e-z-e! I gained 1 last week & last night I started on a sore throat. I'll just keep on plugging.

Today br. is 2 eggs, tortillas, coffee

lunch chicken breast & a few noodles.

Then to the dentist. Fun...

Hang in ladies and hope everyone has a successful day and can end it contented.

• 2 weeks later...
little d Enthusiast

Hi Ladies,

I have been trying really hard this week, I am now still at 148 but I can feel a difference in my clothes from last year. The pants that I wore to church this morning were not tight at all.

My meals for the last couple of days are

Thursday working ate at 1 am

64 oz total of Tea all night

snack- Sunflower seeds

Brown rice tortilla with sunshine patty

salad with sunflower seeds and gluten-free dressing

Friday

up at 1 pm

coffee

D- tuna cassarole with rice crakers

tea

Saturday

B- coffee

chex rice cereal

D- sw salad from McDonalds with gluten-free dressing

diet coke

Sunday

B- coffee

chex rice cereal

D- gluten-free pizza with ham, onion, bell pepper, gluten-free cheese

coke zero

working tonight

Brown rice dinner

lots of tea

Happy eating ladies

donna

ang1e0251 Contributor

Hi, guys! Sorry I haven't kept up for a couple of weeks, mu DH shared his cold with me then I had a dental issue that took a couple of weeks to calm. When I have to take cold meds and especially pain meds for the tooth, my weight goes nuts. I gained 7 pounds during that time & even though I knew why, it was sure discouraging. Friday I was finally able to stop all the meds and this weekend things are stabalizing. However I have a sore stomach & d this morning. No clue why. Yesterday I went to a birthday party but I only had a cup of water. Who knows?

I've been eating well so I'll try to get back in the swing, I'm looking forward to Thanksgiving, what are all your plans?

ang1e0251 Contributor

Got it! DH was using the PB & J on his bread! I know...this is basic stuff. He didn't mean to and I didn't think he liked that. I went to kitchen to have some myself and noticed his knife. I reached for it to spread mine...then OOOH! Can't use his, it will be contaminated. Then it hit me. I felt so stupid! I asked him, "Did you touch your bread with the knife then put it back in the jar?" He hit his head, he really felt bad. I said, "It's ok this will be your PB." I put his name on it. THen I went for the jelly and can you believe it? I actually spread it on my first tortilla!! Duh!! I told him that would be his jam too. He bought me a new one yesterday. That's why I was reacting. My weight dropped 3 pounds overnight. My body is happy, no pills and no gluten.

Wow, sometimes I can't believe myself.

I'm not going to list my food. I just wanted to tell you the mystery is solved and I can get back on track now.

lonewolf Collaborator

I'm glad someone picked this up again. I've lost 15 pounds since the end of August and am needing some new clothes that aren't baggy. I'm not going to make my goal of 20 by next week, but I'll take the 15. I'm trying for 5 more by Christmas.

ang1e0251 Contributor

You're my Hero! I hope Santa brings you lots of new clothes! Keep posting so the rest of us can be inspired!

• 2 months later...
Hummingbird4 Explorer

Bumping this thread up. I need to post regularly.

As of today I have 13 lbs. to lose and some bad eating habits to correct. I think I'll post once a week - Friday is as good a day as any for me.

Anyone else want to join/rejoin this group?

harp1 Apprentice

I'll join. I need to lose 3 pounds and over come my anxiety eating. Good idea Hummingbird! Susan :P

maile Newbie

I'll join in, I'm a newbie but gained 17 lbs from July -Dec when my weight started to stabilize, "funnily enough" Dec was the time when I really started going gluten-free :rolleyes:

Friday's seem like a good idea.

ang1e0251 Contributor

I'll join again. I need to shed a few before DD's graduation.

Hummingbird4 Explorer

Checking in. I've lost about a pound and a half this week. 11.5 to go. I've been better about not snacking so much. That's my big downfall!

How are the rest of you?

harp1 Apprentice

I lost a pound and I've gained it back. Anxiety over the economy. Susan

celiac-mommy Collaborator

I know I wasn't actually a part of this thread, but have been reading it along the way. I've had a substantial weight loss a few years ago and thought I had all the answers-then I turned 30. Apparently that's when your metabolism begins its tank :rolleyes: I gained 8 pounds over the last year and have been in a massive stuggle to lose 4, gain 4-over and over. I am exercising very regularly and eating healthy, counting my calories religiously-no help. I have thyroid problems (or no thyroid gland), but I know that it's under control and my levels are normal for me, so I can't blame that. It was really starting to piss me off.

I went to the bookstore last week with my son, gathered a few books to look at while he played in the kids' area, and one of the books I picked up was the Abs Diet for Women. I had looked at the book a few years ago, but didn't buy it. I thumbed though it, found a few interesting tidbits and the recipes were very easy with few ingredients, so I ended up buying it for $2. Most of the beginning is a lot of scientific stuff which I ignored and the last 1/2 of the book is exercises you can do at home-normal weight training stuff, really only requiring a set of dumbells. The diet part is what I found most interesting. It focuses on 12 "power foods" and their relatives. The goal is to eat 6 meals per day and with each meal incorporate as many power foods as possible. I feel like I'm eating constantly, don't feel like I'm giving up anything, not craving anything and I've lost 5# (realizing 2-3 was water). You get all of the sweet you crave, I think you end up substituting salty for crunchy-which I don't miss at all, I didn't give up my coffee habit (although frowned upon...), I am actually really enjoying this, have tried a bunch of new recipes and am excited to go to Red Robin for my cheat meal tomorrow night.

It is a lot of common sense stuff, but I guess it finally clicked with me. It's working, that's all I can say--and sustainable, not a crash type diet to fail on and gain back twice the weight.

Anyone else done this?

GFqueen17 Contributor
It focuses on 12 "power foods" and their relatives.

What are the "power foods" ?

celiac-mommy Collaborator
What are the "power foods" ?

:P I knew someone was going to ask that-went to grab the book and I left it in my gym. When I get home I will post them.

Edit: Never mind, found it online: See, spells, "abs diet power" :rolleyes:

Almonds and other nuts--raw only, also pumpkin and sunflower seeds, avacados

Beans and other legumes: soybeans, chickpeas, pinto, navy, kidney, lima beans, lentils, hummus, edamame

Spinach/leafy greens: like broccoli, brussel sprouts, peppers, asparagus, green beans, kale, dark lettuces

Dairy-low fat/fat free:milk, yogurt, cheese, cottage cheese

Instant oatmeal, or oatmeal in general--BUT only unsweetened (I add a little brown sugar or maple syrup)

Eggs: whole, whites, egg beaters etc

Turkey and other lean meats:chicken, lean beef, fish, shellfish, canadian bacon, flaxseed (NO cured meats!!)

Peanut butter-all natural, sugar free (mine has salt), other nut butters

Olive oil, canola oil, peanut and sesame oil

Whole grains

Extra protein (whey) powder, or ricotta cheese

Raspberries, berries in general, most other fruits especially apples and grapefruit

This is an example of my daily meals:

6am: Smoothie-1c soy milk, 1c frozen blueberries, 2 scoops protein powder

8am: 16oz nonfat mocha

10am: Oatmeal with 1TBS pb mixed in-sounds weird, tastes GOOD!

1230pm: Sandwich-lean turkey, 2% cheese, tomato slices, dijon mustard

3c salad veggies with 2 tbs lite dressing

1 grapefruit

330pm: 1oz raw almonds with 1 container of yogurt

6pm: oven bbq chicken breast over brown rice

brussel sprouts sauted in olive oil and garlic

sf hot cocoa before bed

I am eating all day!!

Archived