Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

flagbabyds

Harry Potter!

I saw the movie last night at midnight with ALL my friends :D

I thought that it was good, but not GREAT. They cut a LOT out of it, which bugged me, but still, if it's a harry potter movie, it's worth watching :D

so yeah, did anyone ELSE see it? if you did, did you like it?

and the BOOK comes out in 10 days :D:D:D i'm even MORE excited for that :D:D

Molly

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I didn't see it, but a lot of people here saw the midnight showing and they were showing it on the news. They were dressed up and stuff. It looked like fun.

Did you dress up Molly?

~~~~Gluten Free since 9/2004~~~~~~

Friends may come and go but Sillies are Forever!!!!!!!

36_22_10[1].gif

yepppp i was LUNA LOVEGOOD

i'll post pics shortly.

I think that would have been 1/2 the fun.......seeing all the people dressed up all crazy!! I'm sure you had a good time. I like the Harry Potter movies. I'm sure I'll go see this one sometime :)

-Jessica :rolleyes:

Jessica

Gluten Free since 12-31-2002!!

Kansas

my avatar now is of me reading a copy of the quibbler upside down, cause that's waht luna does, but here are some links to more pics of me and my "full" costume

Molly

I saw the movie last night at midnight with ALL my friends :D

I thought that it was good, but not GREAT. They cut a LOT out of it, which bugged me, but still, if it's a harry potter movie, it's worth watching :D

so yeah, did anyone ELSE see it? if you did, did you like it?

and the BOOK comes out in 10 days :D:D:D i'm even MORE excited for that :D:D

i hated they changed some stuff as well as cut some out. I.e. where was the swamp the weasly brothers created in the hallway lol? I was looking fwd to that. But, the stuff left in, is clealry important to book 7 and the rest of the HP series. JK has control over the movies and cut out what isn't really important. The two way mirror sirius gave harry was cut out. As were some other parts. And in the book, the whole class didn't get the special punishment with the blood quills like the "i must not tell lies" harry got, right?

gluten-free since april 05

for the love of gluten-free rice krispies, can we all as a group realize that "celiacs" only refers to a group of people with celiac disease. it is not "celiacs or celiac's disease". it drives me nutso!

i hated they changed some stuff as well as cut some out. I.e. where was the swamp the weasly brothers created in the hallway lol? I was looking fwd to that. But, the stuff left in, is clealry important to book 7 and the rest of the HP series. JK has control over the movies and cut out what isn't really important. The two way mirror sirius gave harry was cut out. As were some other parts. And in the book, the whole class didn't get the special punishment with the blood quills like the "i must not tell lies" harry got, right?

I haven't seen it yet but they took the swamp out??? Rats! I was looking forward to that. I know they can't include everything but I figured that would be a keeper.

I scheduled the 23rd off at work yesterday and told my boss I intend to sit at home, eat bon-bons and read the new Harry Potter book. :-)

Karen B.

diagnosed with Celiac Nov. 2003

my avatar now is of me reading a copy of the quibbler upside down, cause that's waht luna does, but here are some links to more pics of me and my "full" costume

You look fabulous!!

"But then, in all honesty, if scientists don't play god, who will?"

- James Watson

My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.

- Ashleigh Brilliant

Leap, and the net will appear.

I liked it although the stuff they cut out did annoy me. I think they needed to include a bit more information, espcially at the end it would have made the film stand alone.

Cutting the swamp didn't bother me but the way the DA was found out really annoyed me, they may as wel have just eliminated the whole storyline.

I like Grawp, which is strange considering I hate that entire giant storyline in the books

:D Can't wait for this time next saturday, I will finally have the 7th book :D