Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Suffering in Ohio

Finding Humor In It All

My family was supportive but apprehensive when I was first diagnosed with celiac. They thought it might be a overly cautious doctor who quickly diagnosed and that I might be doing this all for nothing. Then they saw how sick and miserable I would get when I messed something up with my diet or in a celiac's terms....been glutened. Because of this association with the term it has morphed into a general association as well....something bad happens/you've screwed up/ or been had = I've been glutened. Those close to me know when to be serious about the term because I am saying it as my reality after a meal but on most occasions it is now something funny. :D

My family was supportive but apprehensive when I was first diagnosed with celiac. They thought it might be a overly cautious doctor who quickly diagnosed and that I might be doing this all for nothing. Then they saw how sick and miserable I would get when I messed something up with my diet or in a celiac's terms....been glutened. Because of this association with the term it has morphed into a general association as well....something bad happens/you've screwed up/ or been had = I've been glutened. Those close to me know when to be serious about the term because I am saying it as my reality after a meal but on most occasions it is now something funny. :D

I like that - it's cool that your family has brought the term into their vocab in reference to other things...! :lol: