Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ravenwoodglass

Enterolab Testing For Casein, Eggs, Soy, Yeast

Do I need to be consuming these for those tests to be accurate? I have had some problems that are clearly not gluten related, no neuro signs etc., since I had diverticulitis and a bad med reaction. I want to make sure that has not left me with problems other than gluten, or that some of the residual damage might be resolvable if a casien intolerance is also present.

As long as I was doing it I also sent for the gluten gene panel, I am curious which ones I carry and feel it could benefit my childrens children down the line if they know what to look for.

I don't know the answer, but when I emailed Enterolab with a question about my gene test, they responded very quickly. You may want to ask them as well as see what people here have to say.

I did the gene testing for the same reasons you did :)

I emailed them also so hopefully they will get to me soon. By the by I did find the gluten free pantries corn bread mix and I will try it tonight. Hopefully I will hear from them by then as it does require milk but I thought I would try to substitute with either soy milk or applesauce if I don't need to add dairy back in.

I actually make the cornbread with vanilla almond milk! I like the extra sweetness.

I'm sure it will be fine with whatever you decide to use.

I actually have some of that on hand so I may use that instead of the soymilk. I am still not sure I don't react to soy so I am trying not to overdo it. Thanks.

Do I need to be consuming these for those tests to be accurate?

I don't see why your consumption of these items would need to be any more recent than consumption of gluten has to be for that test to work. But, as mentioned, you can simply ask them.

I avoided all but occasional, minor bits of egg (occasional bakery goods on special occasions) and rarely had dairy, both for years. Yet, my tests proved positive.