Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dandelion

Leftover Halloween Candy..

Any suggestions of what to do with the leftover Halloween candy? We went a little overboard this year and I don't want to have all this candy in my house.

Hope everyone had a great Halloween!

Beth

Gluten free since January 2007.

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Last year my husbands office collected everyones leftover candy (and whatever they could pry away from the kids) and had it shipped across seas to the military. It was through operation gratitude:

http://www.opgratitude.com:80/

I'm hoping they do it again this year.

Janet

Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted.

animal0028.gif

Join eNewsletter

One of the teachers in my dd's school is collecting stuff to send to her son's unit in Iraq. She said that she has sent chocolate and other candy and not had a problem with it melting. I personally think this is the best use for it because it gives the guys (and gals) a great reminder of home. The kids are also making cards to send with the candy.

Join eNewsletter

You could give it to the food bank. They would probably be happy to have it. I usually take my extra to work and feed it to my coworkers.

-Colleen

Dx 8/05 via bloodwork and biopsy (total villous atrophy)

13-year old son Dx 11/05 via bloodwork and biopsy

Daughters (16 and 5) have tested negative via bloodwork

A woman is like a tea bag - you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water. - Eleanor Roosevelt

Join eNewsletter

If you have a kid's club like the Boys and Girls club you could donate it for their 'reward' cupboard. Many keep a cache of small toys, stuffed animals and such for the kids to chose stuff for their own good behavior, study habits, grades etc or as gifts for others.

Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying

"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002

Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis

All bold resoved or went into remission in time with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002

Gene Test Aug 2007

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter