Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jillb

Chicago Derm Or Doctor?

Can anyone recommend a good Derm or GI DR familiar with Celiacs in Chicago?

2006 Interstitial Cystitis

2007 Gastritis, errosive esphogitis diagnosis,

negative blood work and biopsy

2007 Gluten Intolerant (Celiac self-diagnosis)

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

U of C should have some good recommendations -- they ALSO recommend gluten-safe restaurants AND have free blood testing every October for celiac disease. They have quite the support group, however some of their benefits are only available to those diagnosed by endoscopy (for example, when you get a positive endo, they send you a HUGE gift basket of gluten-free food to help you adjust to your new life).

However, my favorite derm is Omed Memar at 30 N Michigan - www.drmemar.com. If money/insurance is an issue for you, let him know upfront -- he treated my daughter's acne for free when she lost her insurance. His website makes him look like he's the derm to the stars, but doing face lifts on aging beauty queens is what makes him able to cut people like my daughter a break.

Join eNewsletter

Rush University has an adult celiac program. If you go on the rush website and search for celiac it should pull it up. the past few weeks it was highlighted on the main page because they are having some conference on the 7th.

good luck!

Diagnosed with Celiac Disease February 2007

Finally feeling better than ever!

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter