This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Everyday Minerals - Great gluten-free Mineral Make-up!

Mango04

Mango04 Enthusiast

Hey EM Bunch :D I signed on to so many new posts here this morning. How fun. :P

It was so hard for me to pick my blush color, I even went back over the last 10 pages or so and read through all of your critique's on all the colors and I still couldn't decide.

omgosh I know! I have six blushes in my cart right now, because I can't decide :rolleyes: I'm wearing nick nack today though, and I quite like it B)

I can't believe they wouldn't give you the freebies Julie :angry::( Oh well, I'm sure the next special will be fabulous too.

I just noticed they took away the Eve brush! Maybe that's why they were giving them away? I guess I'll have to make sure I never ever lose mine, then lol. Has anybody tried the premium foundation brush?

Laura, for multiple quotes, you can also copy and paste whatever you want to quote, keep the text higlighted, then hit the little quote button at the top under the "fonts" drop down menu. It's the second to last button that says "wrap in quote tags" when you scroll over it. It's easy to do that multiple times in one post. I don't know if that made sense lol.

Oh and plum dust lip gloss - it's really pretty, but does turn orange on me. About 85% of lipsticks I try turn orange on me though :huh: I don't know why that is :huh:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
dlp252 Apprentice

I haven't tried the premium foundation brush yet...I'm still using the foundation brush I got when I bought my True Minerals. I really like this brush, it's got LOTS of hairs...looks a little like the eve brush but shorter hairs and LOTS more, lol. Gives really good coverage. I guess I really need to try the EM brush though.

Rosebud710 Apprentice
So I emailed EM and asked if by chance I could get the free brushes on my prior order. I said I wasn't aware of the special and I was so close to $30, if I made another purchase could I get the free brushes????...........and they said NO!!!!!!!

Bummer - and they make so much money off of us alone!!!

I can't get more than one quote, I've tried so many ways and it just isn't working on my computer. I'm going to e-mail them to find out what's wrong.

Joni, does the cream work on wrinkles or puffiness? Do you think it works better or the same as some of the creams you buy over the counter? (Also, my daughter is 19 mos younger than my son - so they're one year apart from July to November :)!)

I hear you on the car repairs! We have two cars and both have over 100,000 miles on them! Needless to say when we have car repairs, they are very expensive. But we own both of them and can't afford a car payment right now.

In the meantime, I'm axiously awaiting my order :D

Joni63 Collaborator
omgosh I know! I have six blushes in my cart right now, because I can't decide :rolleyes: I'm wearing nick nack today though, and I quite like it B)

LOL! It is tough to decide. I have a 10 mini eyeshadow kit and the mini starter kit in my cart. I'll come here read about some shades, change my cart, come back here read some more, change my cart again...LOL it's a never ending battle. Maybe they should just come up with a special that says "Our Entire Line" and We Accept Installment Payments. That way we could all get every color and NOT have to make these painful (but fun) decisions. :D

I haven't tried the premium foundation brush yet...I'm still using the foundation brush I got when I bought my True Minerals. I really like this brush, it's got LOTS of hairs...looks a little like the eve brush but shorter hairs and LOTS more, lol. Gives really good coverage. I guess I really need to try the EM brush though.

I have the premium foundation brush. When I used it for foundatins or blush, it seems to put the makeup all in one spot and then is hard to spead out. But it could just me my inexperience in dealing with these minerals. I'll try to use it for foundation again and see what happens. Maybe if I get out a margerine lid and can really do the swirl and tap thing (like your supposed to do) I can get it to work for me. Lol!

Today I'm trying: Medium Beige Foundation - semi-matte applied with the Premium Foundation brush

Blush - Chit Chat

Eye color - Pressed Olive, Mistletow, and Silver Spoon a la Julie's method

Concealer - Sunlight

Eye Liner - I have the Smokey one, but I might try Silver Bells for liner

Watch out ladies, I'm feeling creative. Good thing I have no place important to go today, lol!!!

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention I got a compliment last night from a mom at my daughter's dance studio, she said "You look great". I was shocked, but really pleased to hear that, lol! I think it's time to do somthing with these grey hair sprouting out the top of my head. I don't want my eye shadow and hair to compliment each other too much today, lol!

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Rosebud710 Apprentice
Watch out ladies, I'm feeling creative. Good thing I have no place important to go today, lol!!!

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention I got a compliment last night from a mom at my daughter's dance studio, she said "You look great". I was shocked, but really pleased to hear that, lol! I think it's time to do somthing with these grey hair sprouting out the top of my head. I don't want my eye shadow and hair to compliment each other too much today, lol!

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Joni, it's always nice getting compliements from people!!

I'm waiting for my 10 eyeshadows! I got a lot of green (al a Julie ;o)) - something I've always shy'd away from - I can't wait to start experimenting with those colors!

Mango04 Enthusiast
Maybe they should just come up with a special that says "Our Entire Line" and We Accept Installment Payments. That way we could all get every color and NOT have to make these painful (but fun) decisions.

:lol::lol::lol:

They should!

Or maybe , we should all just take a field trip to the EM factory in Austin :lol: I'll put every single shade of blush on my face and I'll finally make some serious decisions! :P:lol:

dlp252 Apprentice

DANG...they're going to make me WORK today. Harumph! I want to PLAY!!

In the meantime, I'm axiously awaiting my order :D

{{{sigh}}} I don't even have an order coming, lol...I'm anxiously awaiting the moment I can press "Checkout", lol. :lol:

Maybe they should just come up with a special that says "Our Entire Line" and We Accept Installment Payments. That way we could all get every color and NOT have to make these painful (but fun) decisions. :D

:lol: !!!!!

I have the premium foundation brush. When I used it for foundatins or blush, it seems to put the makeup all in one spot and then is hard to spead out. But it could just me my inexperience in dealing with these minerals. I'll try to use it for foundation again and see what happens. Maybe if I get out a margerine lid and can really do the swirl and tap thing (like your supposed to do) I can get it to work for me. Lol!

:lol: Yes, I haven't tried the premium foundation brush YET, but it looks like it might have the tendency to put it all in one place. I'm used to a nice really fluffy brush for foundation, and that one looks a little "compact", lol. But, I should reserve judgment until I've actually USED it, lol.

Look out!! :P That's what is so fun about this makeup...I feel like playing and being creative. Never got that feeling with BE...maybe because I couldn't afford to get so many colors to play with.

Or maybe , we should all just take a field trip to the EM factory in Austin :lol: I'll put every single shade of blush on my face and I'll finally make some serious decisions! :P:lol:

FIELD TRIP!!!!! Crazy monster make-up cult thread field trip!!!! I'm there!!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Green12 Enthusiast

Hello EM bunch!

Donna, glad you are liking everything in your order and all the experimenting!

I told him my online makeup friends wished him a happy birthday......

Did he look at you like, "mom has lost it" :lol::lol:

I got the lavendar. The smell is ok, but could be better but the cream works really well. It's only a small container for 4 bucks, though.

Hmm, I might have to rethink purchasing this then. I have lavendar oil and I usually put it in mousturizer, so it would probably have the same effect?

Getting OT for a minute. I really need to get this Christmas stuff put away. I want my house back in order, lol. It's starting to bug me so I guess I know what I'm doing today.

I am slooowly getting my Christmas stuff put away. It takes so long to get it all up and then it seems like it's over in a flash and time to take it down. I think it might even be more work to take it down :lol:

Sorry about your car troubles :(

I can't believe they wouldn't give you the freebies Julie :angry::( Oh well, I'm sure the next special will be fabulous too.

Oh well! I tried. I looked over the brushes that are free however and I decided I didn't need those stinking brushes anyway :lol:

No j/k! But I really don't think those are the brushes I would use often since I already have brushes that are similar.

So YES I am also anxiously awaiting the NEXT special :D

Bummer - and they make so much money off of us alone!!!

I know! DO you think we should get some discounts or something for all of our purchases and referrals?!?!? :lol:

Maybe they should just come up with a special that says "Our Entire Line" and We Accept Installment Payments. That way we could all get every color and NOT have to make these painful (but fun) decisions. :D

Good idea Joni!

Today I'm trying: Medium Beige Foundation - semi-matte applied with the Premium Foundation brush

Blush - Chit Chat

Eye color - Pressed Olive, Mistletow, and Silver Spoon a la Julie's method

Concealer - Sunlight

Eye Liner - I have the Smokey one, but I might try Silver Bells for liner

Oh no, the pressure is on me! Hope it works out for you.

Yay on the compliment!

I'm waiting for my 10 eyeshadows! I got a lot of green (al a Julie ;o)) - something I've always shy'd away from - I can't wait to start experimenting with those colors!

Double oh no! I hope it works for you too and you like the green!

:lol::lol:

Oh ladies I have buyers remorse....er order remorse (since it was in a free sample kit :lol: ). I got the Best Friends Blush and now I wish I would have gotten Chit Chat or All Smiles...... :blink:

cruelshoes Enthusiast

Boo-hoo. I still do not have my order yet. Will you vote me off the island if I don't have new colors to try? :( EM says the USPS picked it up on Saturday, the USPS says oh no we didn't. The very nice rep at EM said that if it doesn't show up soon, they will re-ship it. If I don't have it by Monday, I will ask them to do just that. I hope I still get the free stuff.

Until then I will just live vicariously through all of you..........

dlp252 Apprentice

Julie,

Well, you will just have to order ANOTHER kit! ;)

Colleen,

Noooooo, we want you to play too!! Hope you get your stuff TOMORROW!

Rosebud710 Apprentice
:lol::lol::lol:

They should!

OOOh a field trip - that would be fun!!! We'll brown bag it for lunch ^_^ !

Boo-hoo. I still do not have my order yet. Will you vote me off the island if I don't have new colors to try? :( EM says the USPS picked it up on Saturday, the USPS says oh no we didn't. The very nice rep at EM said that if it doesn't show up soon, they will re-ship it. If I don't have it by Monday, I will ask them to do just that. I hope I still get the free stuff.

Me too! I just checked and USPS got the order to pick up my package, but there's no more information <_< ! I hope it comes soon!!!

YAY! My double quotes are working :D ! I didn't have a chance to ask why I couldn't do it. I just tried one more time and it worked!!!

cruelshoes Enthusiast

My order came!!!!! I am so excited. I have to go cook dinner for the hungry family, but guess what I will be doing when the kids go to bed tonight. Trying on new makeup, of course!

Joni63 Collaborator
Joni, it's always nice getting compliements from people!!

It was nice! :)

Laura, you are going to have so much fun with that eyeshadow kit. I can't imagine what I will do when I finally order my kit. Just think of all the fun colors we will be able to create. I know I'm having a blast with just the few colors I have here already. lol.

Oh my gosh! Can you imagine us in the EM factory, all together in one place at one time sifting through oodles of makeup, lol! It is a scary, but really funny thought! lol. Imagine our color potentials!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol: Yes, I haven't tried the premium foundation brush YET, but it looks like it might have the tendency to put it all in one place. I'm used to a nice really fluffy brush for foundation, and that one looks a little "compact", lol. But, I should reserve judgment until I've actually USED it, lol.

Look out!! :P That's what is so fun about this makeup...I feel like playing and being creative. Never got that feeling with BE...maybe because I couldn't afford to get so many colors to play with.

You know, I tried the premium foundation brush today with an intensive foundation. It worked really well. But I think it was because I had a lid to tap off all the extra makeup into, and that made it so it didn't cake on all in one spot. If the intensive doesn't cake, it must be a good brush. I'll try it again tomorrow, but I think it actually does a nice job.

Yes, the experimenting is the best part. Sometimes I feel like a mad chemist, mixing and shaking my creations, lol!

Did he look at you like, "mom has lost it" :lol::lol:

Hmm, I might have to rethink purchasing this then. I have lavendar oil and I usually put it in mousturizer, so it would probably have the same effect?

Sorry about your car troubles :(

Oh no, the pressure is on me! Hope it works out for you.

Oh ladies I have buyers remorse....er order remorse (since it was in a free sample kit :lol: ). I got the Best Friends Blush and now I wish I would have gotten Chit Chat or All Smiles...... :blink:

Yes, he actually had this really dumbfounded look and said "huuuuuuuh?", lol!

Yeah, it probably would. Every time I look at that tiny container and think about the huge bottle of cream I could have bought...I'm only using around my eyes because it is so expensive.

Thanks, it was supposed to be done today but they are keeping it over the weekend. :(

Luckily my mom has 2 cars and she is letting me run around in one. It's a Cavalier and a lot smaller than my Mercury Marquis. I really feel like I'm sporting around in it. lol.

Julie, it worked like a charm. I am really pleased at how it came out and my eyes really stood out and looked brighter. Thanks for the great tip, I'm definately going to do it again. Now I really can't wait to order that 10 eyeshadow kit! Hurry up January 9th!

Uh-Oh! In my crystal ball I see another order in the works??? :D

Wow, wonder what happened there?

NO, YOU are here to stay on this island. No one can leave!!! :blink:

Joni63 Collaborator

Yay! Good for you Colleen!

We are all anxiously waiting to hear about your favorites, lol!!!

Mango04 Enthusiast
Yes, the experimenting is the best part. Sometimes I feel like a mad chemist, mixing and shaking my creations, lol!

As much as I hate to post anything non-EM :lol: , I think you would like this place, Joni:

Open Original Shared Link

You can buy single ingredients and pigments and they give you basic recipes so you can create our own shades. It sounds kind of complicated, but fun :D

Rosebud710 Apprentice
As much as I hate to post anything non-EM :lol: , I think you would like this place, Joni:

You can buy single ingredients and pigments and they give you basic recipes so you can create our own shades. It sounds kind of complicated, but fun :D

Aaaaah!! Not another minerals make-up company :o ! Mango, what are you trying to do to us??? :lol:

dlp252 Apprentice
YAY! My double quotes are working :D ! I didn't have a chance to ask why I couldn't do it. I just tried one more time and it worked!!!

Woohoo, welcome to the double quote club! :P

My order came!!!!! I am so excited. I have to go cook dinner for the hungry family, but guess what I will be doing when the kids go to bed tonight. Trying on new makeup, of course!

YAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!!!!

You know, I tried the premium foundation brush today with an intensive foundation. It worked really well. But I think it was because I had a lid to tap off all the extra makeup into, and that made it so it didn't cake on all in one spot. If the intensive doesn't cake, it must be a good brush. I'll try it again tomorrow, but I think it actually does a nice job.

Oh okay, I'll try it, lol! :lol:

I will NOT look, I will NOT look, I will NOT look...oooh, too late, I think I have to look. :P

Joni63 Collaborator

WOW! They sell in huge quantities, don't they? I was looking at the mix for foundations and it comes out to 25 ounces for almost 30 dollars for 9 ingredients that go into it. I bet that would last a long time. And they have free shipping on orders over $100.00.

Think about a storage solution for those powders. Shoo!

dlp252 Apprentice

Okay girls, I must amend my opinion of Nick Nack, lol. Formerly I had said that it looked a little light for me as a blush, and so yesterday I used it as an eyeshadow instead. Well, today I decided to use it as a blush and guess what. I LOVE it, lol. Dang. I think I LOVE all of the blushes I've tried so far. :P

cruelshoes Enthusiast

OK - I've done lots of playing with my new toys, and here are some reviews. :)

eye color: Cool Breeze - a really pretty dusty mauve sorta thing. Looks great on.

eye color: Good China - love this. It's a great neutral color to use as a base, and it has just the right sparkle

eye color: Net Surfing - When I first got it, I thought it would be too purple, but it's not when you put it on.

eye color: Cypress - a nice silvery green with a touch of gray in it. Looks smoky and sexy when it's on.

I used good china as a base, covered the eyeball part of the lid with cool breese and put Net surfing in the crease. It was really nice and looked great with my green eyes.

The freebies were:

eye color: Tinsel time- a nice goldy green color. I thought I woudn't like it, but it looked great when I put it on.

eye color: Gingerbread man - a coppery color. This is not a color I would have ever considered in a million years, but since it was a freebie, I thought what the heck. A little goes a long way, but it was much better than I thought it would be. It would look great as an evening color.

At one point, I had gingerbread man on one eye and tinsel time on the other, using good china as a base for each and smoky as an eyeliner. My husband said both looked great, but to choose one color for both eyes. :lol: Silly men!

I can definitely see an eyeshadow sampler in my future. There are so many colors to try!

I also got swimming pool as a blush, which looked really brown in the container, but mellewed out once I put it on. I think it will be a great alternative to chit chat when I want something with less pink and sparkle.

With much trepidation, I got the mint concealer in a sample kit. I am totally on board with this stuff now. I have some red spots on my face, and I put a light dusting of the mint concealer on them with the lip brush that was a freebie. The red spots just fade away! I don't need it all over my whole face, but it is supreme for spot coverage. I never would have believed it, but it works.

The brushes are great. The kabuki brush is so soft! I have no idea what I am going to do with the fan brush, but it looks cool.

I wish there was a way to find out what the next special will be. I want to place another order NOW!

Mango04 Enthusiast
Aaaaah!! Not another minerals make-up company :o ! Mango, what are you trying to do to us??? :lol:

I know I'm sorry...as soon as I posted it I was like, "they are gonna hate me" :lol:

Rosebud710 Apprentice
Okay girls, I must amend my opinion of Nick Nack, lol. Formerly I had said that it looked a little light for me as a blush, and so yesterday I used it as an eyeshadow instead. Well, today I decided to use it as a blush and guess what. I LOVE it, lol. Dang. I think I LOVE all of the blushes I've tried so far. :P

I only have two of the blushes - Apple and Girls Day. I'm so afraid of blush and that I'll look like those old ladies who blot two dark, heavy circles of blush on their faces. I guess I should face my fears and go head on and order some more blush . . . . well, maybe I will :unsure:

eye color: Cypress - a nice silvery green with a touch of gray in it. Looks smoky and sexy when it's on.

Oh no!! I thought I bought ALL the greens but somehow I missed Cypress :o !

At one point, I had gingerbread man on one eye and tinsel time on the other, using good china as a base for each and smoky as an eyeliner. My husband said both looked great, but to choose one color for both eyes. :lol: Silly men!

Funny how clueless they can be about make-up! I'm sure the men on this board are wondering how can a thread have up to 23 pages all about make-up :lol: !

I can definitely see an eyeshadow sampler in my future. There are so many colors to try!

My crystal ball says you will buy a sampler really soon :ph34r: !

I wish there was a way to find out what the next special will be. I want to place another order NOW!

Really! It seems like they change their specials often, but the same one has been there for a while!!

My order still hasn't arrived :angry: ! I was hoping to play today! But I guess it's good it's not here - I have all my Christmas stuff scattered around the living room - so I guess I should be getting this done <_< .

dlp252 Apprentice

Yay, Colleen got to play!!! I'm almost as happy as you are, lol.

I only have two of the blushes - Apple and Girls Day. I'm so afraid of blush and that I'll look like those old ladies who blot two dark, heavy circles of blush on their faces. I guess I should face my fears and go head on and order some more blush . . . . well, maybe I will :unsure:

Dang, wish YOUR order would come too! Don't be afraid of the blushes. If a shade was ever too much, you could always mix in a little foundation to lighten it up.

dlp252 Apprentice

Oh say it isn't so!!!! THREE pages of new posts and our beloved monster make-up cult thread wasn't on ONE of them! :lol: Okay, then, I'll just talk to myself here! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm in a quandry. I decided to stay home today and well, that means I have no where to go to put my make-up on! :lol: Maybe later I'll just play with my different brushes and see how they work. :P

cruelshoes Enthusiast

Well, I have an eyeshadow sampler in my cart just waiting for the next special. I must have changed the colors about 50 times, but here's the current lineup:

Cherry Fizz

Emerald Eyeliner

Well Being

Rare Silk

Snowflakes

Pressed Olive

To Do List

Shopping Spree

Silver Spoon

Mystic Night

Come on January 10!

Archived