Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I haven't been here for a while. Bogged down in forensic physchologist, lawyer, 3 year old and work. I had no time to do anything extra but breath. Yes that was an extra. Good news, though. Some of you may remember my soon to be ex-husband was trying to accuse me of neglect because my now 3 year old was not growing. I found a doctor with celiac disease in Ok. City. He diagnosed her with gluten/casien sensitivity. He sent her to an endocrinologist who diagnosed her with intro-uterine growth retardation (probably due to a small or unhealthy placenta). She will always be around the 5th percentile. Gluten/casien prevents her from gaining weight. She has been gluten free and is gaining slowly but surely. With his testimony and with the forensic physchologist testifying that my husband is unsafe around children things are looking much better. We do not know if he will get a few hours a week supervised visitation from now on or if he will lose parental rights all together. Either way the stress level at my house has gone down to a somewhat normal level. Things are looking up. I look forward to being here on the forum again. Thanks everyone for being here.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

That is great news--I'm so glad that things are working out for you and the little one :)

Welcome back!

Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

Glad to hear that things are going better for you!

I just wanted to let you know that my #1 son was born at 37 weeks weighing 4 1/2 pounds, was diagnosed with IUGR, and has probable gluten/casein issues.

I had him on "gluten-lite" even before I knew about gluten, just because I didn't think that there was much nutrition in bread. I went heavy on fish, meat, chicken, legumes, veggies, and fruit, and it really paid off.

He is now, at age 12, taller than I am, and, as far as we know, healthy.

So your little peanut may grow, too! And if she stays small, it will probably be because she is genetically meant to be small.

Best of luck to you both!