Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

holdthegluten

Is This A Sign Of Candida?

Every morning when i wake up I feel hungover, but i dont drink...........i have cut out all sugar and i am on a gluten free, dairy free,soy free diet...........is this a typical die off symptom. I also have more bloating lately and burning eyes off and on. If i drink a lot of water the hangover feeling subsides in a couple of hours. Your thoughts Please!

28 yr old Male

Diagnosed Celiac in February 2007

Gluten-free/Casein Free

HLA DQ 2,3 Subtype (2,8) I have both celiac genes!

Married

1 child 9 months- Levi

Yeast/Bacteria overgrowth

" CHANGE THE WAY YOU LOOK AT THINGS AND THE THINGS YOU LOOK AT CHANGE"

Wayne Dyer

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

It's great that you have cut out sugar, along with gluten, dairy and soy. But cutting out sugar is only the first step. By cutting out sugar, you are keeping more candida from growing, but you are not killing what's already there. Now you need to use something to kill the candida. Some people use probiotics, others use prescription antifungal drugs, and others use natural supplements like caprylic acid. Find what works best for you, and good luck.

-Brian

Celiac Sprue

Multiple Food Allergies

Diagnosed June 2006

Stopped Eating June 2007

IV Nutrition: 6/27/07 - Present

It's great that you have cut out sugar, along with gluten, dairy and soy. But cutting out sugar is only the first step. By cutting out sugar, you are keeping more candida from growing, but you are not killing what's already there. Now you need to use something to kill the candida. Some people use probiotics, others use prescription antifungal drugs, and others use natural supplements like caprylic acid. Find what works best for you, and good luck.

-Brian

I use Threelac and Grapefruit seed extract............are these good ways to get rid of it, or are rx drugs better? Do you think that hangover feeling in the morning is from mass die off reactions?

28 yr old Male

Gluten-free/Casein Free

Married

1 child 9 months- Levi

Wayne Dyer

I believe what you are using is good. Just keep in mind that if the candida comes back, or the hangover feeling continues, that something else is behind it. The body allows the candida to overgrow in some situations.

Andrea

Enterolab positive results only June 06:
Me HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0201; HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0301; Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 2,3 (subtype 2, 7)
Husband HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0201; HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0302; Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 2,3 (subtype 2,8)

The whole family has been soy free since February, gluten free since June 2006.

The whole family went back to a gluten diet October 2011.  We never had official testing done and I decided to give gluten a go again.  At this point I've decided to work on making some gluten free things again, though healthwise everyone seems to be fine.  The decision to add gluten back in was also made based on other things I'd read about the 2nd sequence of genes.  It is my belief that we had a gluten intolerance, but thanks to things I've learned here, I know more what to keep an eye on.  If you have a confirmed case of celiac, please don't go back to gluten, it's a lifelong lifestyle change.

I use Threelac and Grapefruit seed extract............are these good ways to get rid of it, or are rx drugs better? Do you think that hangover feeling in the morning is from mass die off reactions?

It definitely could be die-off. How long have you been taking them? You're taking good products. Personally, for me, GSE wasn't enough. What helped me was adding Caprilyc acid and oil of oregano. They all work slightly differently so, there is less a chance of the candida becoming resistant.

I also like to rotate probiotics. I read an article in Prevention (very mainstream health magazine) that our gut probiotic make-up is very individual, like a fingerprint, so it is better to replenish it with as many different strains as possible. If you just stick to the most popular, acidophilis, and your gut mainly contained something else, you'll actually end up a little imbalanced,not at your ideal make-up.

Celiac blood testing negative July 2007

Confirmed diagnosis of wheat allergy by skin test Dec 2007

Gluten-lite since July 2007 (didn't know all the hidden sources of gluten)

Gluten-free since December 2007

Life Long Symptoms

Extreme fatigue--needing 10-12 hours of sleep and still woke up exhusted

Allergic to everything--allergies remained out of control despite shots and strict enviornmental controls in my home.

Severe "sinus" headaches

More Recent Symptoms

IBS symptoms

Severe stabbing stomach pains that started 6 months before diagnosis of wheat allergy.

In my heart I feel it is more than an allergy and that I am gluten intolerant. This is based on my how eerily my childhood maladies match most celiac's histories, and my more recent increase in the severity of my usual symptoms and new digestive symptoms that have already started to subside on the gluten-free diet.

It definitely could be die-off. How long have you been taking them? You're taking good products. Personally, for me, GSE wasn't enough. What helped me was adding Caprilyc acid and oil of oregano. They all work slightly differently so, there is less a chance of the candida becoming resistant.

I also like to rotate probiotics. I read an article in Prevention (very mainstream health magazine) that our gut probiotic make-up is very individual, like a fingerprint, so it is better to replenish it with as many different strains as possible. If you just stick to the most popular, acidophilis, and your gut mainly contained something else, you'll actually end up a little imbalanced,not at your ideal make-up.

I just got my results from my naturopath and she said i didnt have a candida problem (Genova Diagnostics). I guess maybe it is just from some other food intolerance or something.

28 yr old Male

Gluten-free/Casein Free

Married

1 child 9 months- Levi

Wayne Dyer

Hold the gluten,

I've read various of your posts over the course of you being on board. I'd highly recommend seeing a good LLMD and being tested through Igenex for lyme as well as other testing that LLMD's do. Lyme does cause what you are feeling.

Andrea

Enterolab positive results only June 06:
Me HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0201; HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0301; Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 2,3 (subtype 2, 7)
Husband HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0201; HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0302; Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 2,3 (subtype 2,8)

The whole family has been soy free since February, gluten free since June 2006.

The whole family went back to a gluten diet October 2011.  We never had official testing done and I decided to give gluten a go again.  At this point I've decided to work on making some gluten free things again, though healthwise everyone seems to be fine.  The decision to add gluten back in was also made based on other things I'd read about the 2nd sequence of genes.  It is my belief that we had a gluten intolerance, but thanks to things I've learned here, I know more what to keep an eye on.  If you have a confirmed case of celiac, please don't go back to gluten, it's a lifelong lifestyle change.

I didn't realize there were other probiotics than acidophilis. Do you mind explaining more about other types of probiotics?

Gluten-Free since September 15, 2005.

Peanut-Free since July 2006.

I read somewhere that Candida may cause a person to have a wicked sweet tooth, when it is starving for sugars. Is there any truth to this and could this be a sign of Candida either dying off or coming back?

I didn't realize there were other probiotics than acidophilis. Do you mind explaining more about other types of probiotics?

Here is a link to the article I read. Basically, it tells about some of the different straines, and what researchers are discovering they do. I have taken so many courses of antibiotics, my gut was in bad shape. Acidophilis helped a lot, but I'm doing much better since I started taking supplements with more strains and rotating them. DanActiv seems especially helpful for me. My allergies seemed to have improved since I started drinking.

http://www.prevention.com/cda/article/euro...g.healthy/0/0/1

Celiac blood testing negative July 2007

Confirmed diagnosis of wheat allergy by skin test Dec 2007

Gluten-lite since July 2007 (didn't know all the hidden sources of gluten)

Gluten-free since December 2007

Life Long Symptoms

Extreme fatigue--needing 10-12 hours of sleep and still woke up exhusted

Allergic to everything--allergies remained out of control despite shots and strict enviornmental controls in my home.

Severe "sinus" headaches

More Recent Symptoms

IBS symptoms

Severe stabbing stomach pains that started 6 months before diagnosis of wheat allergy.

In my heart I feel it is more than an allergy and that I am gluten intolerant. This is based on my how eerily my childhood maladies match most celiac's histories, and my more recent increase in the severity of my usual symptoms and new digestive symptoms that have already started to subside on the gluten-free diet.