Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ptkds

I Ate A Cheeseburger At A Restaurant!

We had to come to Dallas for a family thing, and last night we ate at a restaurant called Laura's Bistro (or Delicious & Fit). Everything there is gluten-free and they cater to any food allergies. I had a real cheeseburger, my dh had chicken fried steak, my dd had chicken noodle soup, and my other dd's had chicken strips and fries! It was so awesome! If any of you guys go to Dallas, you have to go there. We loved it. And then they have a little shop where they sell frozen individual servings of some of their meals, a bunch of mixes, a gluten-free Chex-type cereal, tarts, etc. Oh, and we had chocolate cake for dessert!

I highly reccomend this place!

ptkds

Mom of 4 beautiful girls (the 2 youngest are only 10 months apart!)
Diagnosed with Celiac disease on November 8, 2006; gluten-free as of 12-1-06.

DD#2 13 years old; diagnosed on November 28, 2006. gluten-free as of 12-7-06.
DD#3 9 years old; diagnosed through blood work in October 2006. Gluten-free as of mid-November and doing GREAT!!
DD#4 8 years old; had a scope done on 6-22-07 (at 14 months old) and the dr saw stomach ulcers, but all test results were negative. GI dr told us to put her on the gluten free diet anyway. She is gluten free as of 6-22-07.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

We had to come to Dallas for a family thing, and last night we ate at a restaurant called Laura's Bistro (or Delicious & Fit). Everything there is gluten-free and they cater to any food allergies. I had a real cheeseburger, my dh had chicken fried steak, my dd had chicken noodle soup, and my other dd's had chicken strips and fries! It was so awesome! If any of you guys go to Dallas, you have to go there. We loved it. And then they have a little shop where they sell frozen individual servings of some of their meals, a bunch of mixes, a gluten-free Chex-type cereal, tarts, etc. Oh, and we had chocolate cake for dessert!

I highly reccomend this place!

WOW! So lucky! I'd be going back for breakfast, lunch and dinner!

Sweetfudge

Born and raised in Portland, OR; Currently living in Provo, UT

Gluten-free since June 2006

Also living with Hypoglycemia since 1991

Dairy-free for good since summer 2008

Started IBS diet and probiotics at GI's recommendation - Fall 2008

Also avoiding: potatoes, beans, crucifers, popcorn, most red meat, coconut milk :(

Started eating a Paleo diet Spring 2011. Love it!

The grass is always greener where you water it.

That sounds fantastic!

I'm jealous :D

Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev