Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Green12

Anyone Reading Eckhart Tolle's A New Earth?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I am going to call around and see if i can find this book tommorow, i would love to do the classes every monday night online.

paula

gluten, casein and soy free

on low carb/low sugar diet

Join eNewsletter

What is this book about. Is it a New Age, higher power, look within type of book? Cuz I don't need one of those.

Gail

Gluten Free since Jan. 06

Gluten intolerant. DQ 0301 DQ 0602

Lactose intolerant.

Join eNewsletter

Guest digmom1014

I'm about 1/2 way through it and it is a tough read. It is of a philosophical nature and I need to re-read quite a few of the passages twice-so it is slow going.

I really have felt a shift in the way I am thinking about things and have felt a release of the negative thoughts within myself.

If you haven't started or are just at the beginning phase of the book-give it a fair shot-it is a hard book to get into but well worth it.

I can't wait to read about all of your thoughts about this book. Did anyone sign-up for the on-line course?

Join eNewsletter

I like it so far. I like the things it's reminding me of. I'm about 70 pages in.

So far, for me, it has tones of As A Man Thinketh & The Seven Spiritual Laws of Success.

I think you kind of have to take the chapters like pieces of the puzzle in the beginning.

I'm sure it has wonderful food for thought if you're up for that sort of thing. Me, I'm kind of ready for something that reminds me what I want for myself in life - what's important to me.

Yeah, it's another one of those books. I'm another one of those people.

k

Join eNewsletter

I'm 3/4 through the book.

In regards to the book:

I stopped posting to the forum a few weeks ago.

That was a good decision for me. I didn't remember why, but now I do.

Speaking of the pain-body* (a name this book gives it),

it feels good to be Present again.

*Just so nobody misunderstands, I'm not insulting the forum. What wasn't working for me was the connection that I had to it. I recognize, at the same time that this forum (@Celiac.com) is such that there are many types of people and many different belief systems included in the collective body, and that I may seem to be a loon. On the subject of the collective body, this forum, also, is not, for me, an appropriate forum for discussing the teachings of this book (not that it would be beckoned, I would assume). I think this forum is useful and necessary and a wonderful outlet, a way to connect with others that understand, and a place where people can learn, and it has been for me, at times, as well.

Summed up:

I would recommend this book to anyone who doesn't think this stuff is hogwash.

Join eNewsletter

I just went and got my book, they had to order me one, i cant wait to start reading it tonight, im sure i will stay up all night to read it lol

paula

gluten, casein and soy free

on low carb/low sugar diet

Join eNewsletter

Has anyone finished this book yet, im on chapter 6 and i love it. Is anyone going to the online classroom tonight?

paula

I've read to Chapter 9. At that point, I felt like going back & kind of digesting it slowly from the beginning again. I'm not in a big hurry to 'finish' the book. Having read most of it, it's made such a difference in the flow of my days and how I react to life that I just wanted to go back & read it again. I'll finish it when it feels right. I'm in the middle of Chapter 2 again now.

It's not the kind of book that I would want to blaze through & get done with.

I downloaded the on-line class the day after it aired (Chapter 1). I'll do the same with Chapter 2.

And, I just wanted to mention the section in Chapter 1 called "The Purpose of this book" . In the beginning of the read, this is a very important section.

Every time I pick up the book I experience something more than I did the last time. For me, this book is better than any that I've read with similar lessons in the past. I had forgotten the lessons of the others & this book brought them all back & more.

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter