Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HAPPY DOG SUZ

Is Dieter's Tea Gf?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

call the company to be sure, also if they are the tea bags that are glued then they probably have guten glue, also i've heard that the only safe teas are Bigelow,

Lipton is fine...that's what i use...I agree..call the company if there's a number on the package. You might as well, cause even if the ingredients look fine, some companies don't claim to be gluten-free due to facilities that also manufacture wheat products.

The tea bag and glue issue appears to be an urban legend. I haven't had a single tea company say that they use any variety of glue or wheat in sealing their bags (the ones that look "glued" don't use "glue" actually). That's not to say no one should call on these things, but I've done a lot of calling, and none of the tea companies I've called (Republic of Tea, Celestial Seasonings, Tazo, Lipton, Stash, Yogi Tea) use any gluten-containing product to seal their tea bags (though you always have to check the ingredients).

I'll concur with Tiffany that I have never ever found a tea bag with wheat-based glue. I no longer worry about this issue.

Many, many teas other than Bigelow are safe. All Lipton teas, for instance. In fact, I've found only a handful of teas that contain barley (some Celestial Seasonings), and in all or almost all cases the barley is clearly listed.

richard

Since your question was answered, let me ask you one: are you using this tea to lose weight? No amount of herbs and teas will make you lose weight. The only real way to lose weight is to watch what you eat and exercise. If you are using the tea because you like them, then enjoy!