Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

blondebombshell

Organizing Flour

i have like 10 bags of flour that are all differnt in my cabinet. i want to transfer them into a canister or something and put them in deep drawers. any recs? how do you organize flours?

- gluten free since August 2007

- endoscopy came back negative for celiac in December 2007

- bloodwork confirms egg allergy

- allergy testing confirms only banana, apple, melon, egg and environmental allergies

i get hives anywhere on my waist down and less bloating/constipation when i do not eat wheat.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Guest j_mommy

I have all my flours in one of those three drawer rolling carts in my kitchen. It works nice for me!

Some people organize like this

http://www.flickr.com/photos/katechan/2355...ndfantasticfood

I know someone who uses the (Gladware?) stackable, disposable containers and labels them like those in the photo. The containers that one of the lunch meats(Hillshire farms?) comes in has a lid and is re-usable and is just the right size for the bags of tapioca starch that I buy.

Me: GLUTEN-FREE 7/06, multiple food allergies, T2 DIABETES DX 8/08, LADA-Latent Autoimmune Diabetes in Adults, Who knew food allergies could trigger an autoimmune attack on the pancreas?! 1/11 Re-DX T1 DM, pos. DQ2 Celiac gene test 9/11

Son: ADHD '06,

neg. CELIAC PANEL 5/07

ALLERGY: "positive" blood and skin tests to wheat, which triggers his eczema '08

ENTEROLAB testing: elevated Fecal Anti-tissue Transglutaminase IgA Dec. '08

Gluten-free-Feb. '09

other food allergies

My storage looks exactly like that picture. I even use lock and lock. I have 95% of my stuff in the fridge in the garage and the rest in the freezer in the garage. I just write directly on the container with a sharpie. As you know, when I want to make a batch of cookies, it takes me 2 or 3 trips to the fridge.

Dyan

Daughter, 12, Celiac disease dx by blood test, no biospy. Severe tree nut allergies.

Son, 10, eczema since birth practically. No food allergies. Asthma

Son, 7, severe tree nut allergies, and asthma.

Husband has A LOT of Celiac symtoms but will not get tested. (Fool)

Me, I am waiting for my blood work to come back, but I have zero symtoms.

My storage looks exactly like that picture. I even use lock and lock. I have 95% of my stuff in the fridge in the garage and the rest in the freezer in the garage. I just write directly on the container with a sharpie. As you know, when I want to make a batch of cookies, it takes me 2 or 3 trips to the fridge.

I use the lock and lock storage containers for my flours and write directly on them with a sharpy as well. I have a second fridge down stairs so I store my flours in there.

I like using the Lock'n'Lock containers that are about the same size as the flour bags. I keep them in the door of my big freezer since almost all of them say it is best to keep them refrigerated.

The ones that I use mixed together most frequently I keep premixed together in a larger container.

gluten-free since 2/10/08

EnteroLab results 4/18/08:

Antigliadin IgA 228 (Normal Range <10 Units)

Antitissue Transglutaminase IgA 191 Units (Normal Range <10 Units)

Anti-casein IgA antibody 127 Units (Normal Range <10 Units)

Guess I'm going CF now, too!

I like using the Lock'n'Lock containers that are about the same size as the flour bags. I keep them in the door of my big freezer since almost all of them say it is best to keep them refrigerated.

The ones that I use mixed together most frequently I keep premixed together in a larger container.

when I know I'm going to use them soon enough to no thave to freeze them, I just throw the bags themselve sinto a ginormous locknlock to keep the moth weevils out.

If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill

I keep my flours in quart or gallon ziploc bags in our extra refrigerator. I label them with the date and type of flour. It's inexpensive and saves space. I keep the ziploc bags of flour in a grocery bag so I can grab everything at once if I'm baking.

Holly

DD5: juveline rheumatoid arthritis 8/07; celiac 3/08

DS3: negative blood tests

Me and DH: negative blood tests