Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LuvMoosic4life

Finally Got A Doctors Appt.

So after a year of not having a primary doctor, I finally got one!!!. Now I'm just wondering how I shold go about mentioning the gluten issue to him. It's so hard to think where I should start when explaning this to someone??? I have problems directly related to being gluten free which need to be addressed, but I fear he will just be a typical doctor and tell me to start eating wheat again. But I can't even touch the stuff!!! Not to mention the 10 + years of constant digetive problems and related issues I had prior to being gluten-free. I know there is noting much they can do as far as blood work besides a gene test and maybe an endoscopy (I'm still having digetsive problems)...at least maybe I can be recommended to a G.I....I know I'll never be able to be officially diagnosed, but at leat I may feel a bit better about addressing the issue??? has anyone been in this situation?

This is so frustrating. I just wish I had a doctor back when I was still eating gluten and just finding out it was making me sick, puking after only 2 beers, soars in my mouth and just feeling like complete crap.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

So after a year of not having a primary doctor, I finally got one!!!. Now I'm just wondering how I shold go about mentioning the gluten issue to him.

You very calmly say that you discovered that gluten was making you ill and you stopped eating it. You hire the doc, you call the shots. Period.

"But then, in all honesty, if scientists don't play god, who will?"

- James Watson

My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.

- Ashleigh Brilliant

Leap, and the net will appear.

So after a year of not having a primary doctor, I finally got one!!!. Now I'm just wondering how I shold go about mentioning the gluten issue to him. It's so hard to think where I should start when explaning this to someone??? I have problems directly related to being gluten free which need to be addressed, but I fear he will just be a typical doctor and tell me to start eating wheat again. But I can't even touch the stuff!!! Not to mention the 10 + years of constant digetive problems and related issues I had prior to being gluten-free. I know there is noting much they can do as far as blood work besides a gene test and maybe an endoscopy (I'm still having digetsive problems)...at least maybe I can be recommended to a G.I....I know I'll never be able to be officially diagnosed, but at leat I may feel a bit better about addressing the issue??? has anyone been in this situation?

This is so frustrating. I just wish I had a doctor back when I was still eating gluten and just finding out it was making me sick, puking after only 2 beers, soars in my mouth and just feeling like complete crap.

Put everything in writing. Go back over your posts here, add and tweak as necessary. Make sure the doctor has a copy before your appointment. Your first appointment should be a bit longer because you are new so be prepared to fire questions and answers. Hopefully you have found someone who is intelligent and not someone who doesn't want to be confused with facts.

Sandi ~ learning to live in a world obsessed and infested with wheat.

"You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows" probably was not referring to us . . .

"For the love of money gluten is a root of all sorts of evil, and some by longing for it have wandered away from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs." (apologies to 1 Timothy 6:10 (NASB)

The person we most dislike is still a soul for whom Christ died. (David Jeremiah)