NOT-IN-2gluten

Perky's Cereal And Bakery On Main. Don't Feel Well. Please Help!

Rate this topic

I am really trying to stay away from Gluten and I am analyzing everything I eat. Yesterday I felt fine until I ate Perky's Nutty Flax cereal (which I really don't think bothers me) and then had a granola bar .

It was Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip by Bakery on Main. I see many other people feel this product is safe and they do well with it. I on the otherhand got a headache, sleepy, and have several symptoms today. Does ANYONE have ANY IDEA WHY this would bother me? I can't see any ingredients that stand out and I simply don't know what it could be. ANY thoughts would be appreciated!!!

What else did you eat yesterday? Or the day before that? Sometimes the reaction is delayed.

The last I checked, Bakery on Main ran their gluten-free granola on the same lines as their regular. They do have good cleaning practices in place, and run a lot of the gluten-free at once. Perhaps you still got a package that was cross contaminated?

I've not tried the Bakery on Main bars, but I tried one of their granolas and didn't like it. It was a while back, so I don't remember if it made me sick or not.

But, what Patti said goes for Perky's, too. Perky's makes me feel really gross for a couple hours... blech!

http://www.perkysnaturalfoods.com/faq.asp#q8

Some people tolerate trace gluten better than others. I can't eat either of the products you mentioned without getting symptoms.